Seeing is Believing

Love at first sight.

This is something countless people have felt, yet I never would. You would think I would experience it, like everyone else. Especially considering the fact that I am a werewolf. There is a mate waiting for me out there, waiting to look into my eyes and know.

But I will never have love at first sight. No, because I am blind. I dont even have a chance or a hope to look into the eyes of my mate and know that he is the one. That he will love me, and protect me. I am sure we will find eachother, but what kind of wolf will want me? A blind and vulnerable girl. All I would be is a problem.

Honestly I hoped that they never found me. That would both save him the trouble, and me the pain of rejection.

I was born without vision. I have never seen a sunrise, or understood what the color red is. I have never seen what I look like. Am I pretty? Am I tan? What is tan? I have no idea. I have absolutely no clue what life was like.

It made it even worse that I was a werewolf. As soon as I was born, my parents were isolated. No one wants to mindlink with a blind shewolf. Think about it. Imagine what it would be like to have a hole in your thoughts. You see and hear all these things from the other wolves... then there is that one hole. A blank spot. A black hole, tearing apart your mind.

I dont blame my pack for exiling my parents. They did it for their own sanity.

Things had to change though. My parents had to find a pack, and soon. Why? My seventeenth birthday was in three weeks. That is when a shewolf goes through her first shift. That is also when she goes in heat. If my parents did not find a pack for us to be a part of, rogues would run to us like ants to a drop of honey. Times were changing, and I was in for the ride of my life.