Chapter~ 1

I'm sitting on my porch swing as I see a moving van go by. In the drivers seat looks like the mother and in the passenger seat is the son. He looks around my age with blonde spiked hair, black squared shade shades, a sharp jawline that continually clenches, and his hand in resting under his chin. He looks pissed.

"Summer! Will you please get inside and help me?!" My mother yells from the kitchen. I get up and sigh because since dad left she hasn't left me alone. I mean, it's not a bad thing but it gets annoying sometimes. I turn the corner entering the kitchen to see a pan of cookies and Mom giving me a reassuring smile. "Oh good! I am going down to the new neighbors house. You should come too." I tilt my head back letting out a deep growl.

"Ya sure. But I need to get upstairs and study, so it needs to be quick." She nods.

Walking up their driveway was more nerve racking than I thought. Mom being super chatty about if she looked okay, or if they would even like cookies, or oh no, what if they are vegans? I told her to calm her tits and ring the door bell.

"Hello!" A middle aged woman answer the door with a gentle smile.

"Hi, my name is Mary Williams and this is my daughter, Summer. As our new neighbors we thought we should introduce ourselves and bring goodies." She hands the woman the pans of cookies taking slow deep breathes to calm her nerves. For some reason my mom get really nervous when meeting new people. Like she is trying to make them like her. Not that I don't do that too.

"Thank you! I love cookies, so do my kids, who should be helping me!" She yells in her house facing the stairwell that I am guessing lead ro her sons room. "Sorry, I am Taylor Black and I have a younger daughter around 7 and a son at 18, who looks to be your age?"

"Oh, I am 17, a Senior at Easton High." I say looking over at my mom who hassnt even released her smile from her face since Ms. Black answered the door.

"What mom?" I hear a snap come from the other side of the door.

"There are guests, come greet them!" She disappears behind the door to scold the boy?

"Mom I have to go. I have to study remember?" I beg her. She looks at me then towards Taylor's open front door then a slow nods back to me.

I quickly walk back to the house before both the boy and Ms. Black comes towards the front door.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Why do all books have to end in a clique like everyone one?" I say slamming my now-finished-novel down on my bed and laying face first on my pillow. "Poor Nicole will never understand how much her bestfriend was in love with her because she fell in love with the bad boy!!" I yell muffly into the pillow.

"Summer!" I hold my head up above my pillow and wait a couple of seconds before leaving my comfy spot on my bed. Instead of putting on my shoes, I grab a pair of fuzzy socks and shuffle down the hard wood flooring to the family room down stairs.

"Summer?" I hear a deep voice come from the kitchen. The only guy that live here was dad, but that was years ago, he moved out on us after mom found out he was cheating on her with her co-worker. I turn into the kitchen to see my mom talking to my dad very angrily.

"I want another chance so that I can be there for you." I watch him rake his hands through his hair. "I really messed up. I love you guys."

"No duh. You messed up really bad and I don't think you should be here! You can't just walk back into our lives from 10 years ago and hope that you can get forgiveness from us. You left us for a new family. Were we not good enough for you?!" My mom shouts and his face hardness and I feel a stream of warmth start to flow down my cheeks. I quickly back out from the kitchen door frame before they can notice I was even there.

I want to leave, I don't want to be here if he is here. I don't know if I can forgive him, i mean I could; but then he will think it okay that he left us and all is good. So I want to keep him aware of what he has done. My phone vibrates in my pocket pulling me out of my thoughts, I look down at the screen to see I have a message from my mom.

Mom- Honey I'm sorry. I didn't know he was going to come over. Did you hear?

Me- Yea, I did but It's okay. I want to be alone for awhile, text me when he is gone?

Mom- of course. Don't stay out too late, it's a school night.

~~~~~~~~~~

LIKE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Don't be a quiet reader, let me know what you think!!

-Michaela-