Chapter~ 2

It's been hours... Mom hasn't texted me to let me know that dad left the house yet. I mean, he wants to stay, that's fine I'll just go to one of my friends house.

It is what it is...

I fiddle with my fingers while sitting on a swing in Timber Wood Park, where I used to come all the time with my bestie, Ian. But Ian is at home probably sleeping, which I don't judge him for, I would be sleeping right now too.

"Hey?" Someone says from the dark and it gets my attention from my thoughts.

"Hi." I slowly wave as the person comes into view and I see it a blonde guy. He looks familiar.

"Uh-I am your new neighbor, Clyde."

"Oh, I'm Summer." He smiles and sits down on a swing next to me and starts to swing further than but not too high.

"What are you doing here by yourself?" He asks me while continuing to swing.

"Oh, family problems. So I came to get away from it for awhile." I bend down and pick a flower and starts to pull of the petals.

"Oh. I was just walking around and saw a park and when I got closer, I saw you." I nod along with him and not taking my eye off the flower. It stayed just like this for what felt like 10 minutes.

"I think I'm going to head home. Do you wanna walk with me back?" I ask standing dropping the petals and the remains of the flower from my lap. He doesn't shake his head or nod but instead just stands up and follows me towards the houses.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Thanks."

"For what?" He turns to me with confusion in his eyes.

"For walking back with me and giving me company back there." I state, pointing my thumb in the general direction of he park. He nods and takes the walkway to his house so I do the same towards mine. When I get to my door I look over to Clyde's house and see him closing the door.

When I go in, walking in the living room to find my mother asleep on the couch with a book on her chest, she seems so peaceful. So I bring a cover from the recliner and lay it on her before going upstaibed.

Just after I get changed I go to my bathroom to brush my teeth and my hair. Check, and check.

Feel like I haven't seen my bed in ages, but it has only been like; 2 hours. I pull back my covers and slide into my bed before rolling onto my stomach. I don't know why I sleep on my stomach and arch my leg up with my arms under the pillow. I always end up like that even if I fall asleep on my back.

Just as I start to fall asleep, I hear scratching noises coming for my window. I barley move and I ignore the noise because who knows: it might be a tree branch. Then I think, there are no trees near my window. I prop myself on my elbows and stare towards my window when I see Clyde sitting in my window seal.

"What are you doing?" I whisper shout at him

"I wanted to know if you were up, but now you are." He smirks

"Get out!" I try so hard not to yell at him because I don't want my mom to wake up.

"But why I just got here?" Puppy eyes, bottom lip pout, head cocked. Weakness.

"Fine. Why?" I ask before sitting up and crossing my legs on my bed really upset that I am still not sleeping but instead talking to this guy.

"I'm bored and I can't sleep." I pat my bed inviting him to come join me inside. He takes my invitation and lays in, not on, but in my bed. With covers and everything!

"Oh my god" I growl and try to push him out of the bed but he doesn't budge but acts like he is sleeping. I don't have time to deal with him so instead of pointless bickering. I roll onto my side looking away from him and try to go back to sleep. I don't know why, but this time I fell asleep faster than I usually do this time. Maybe because the bed is warmer because someone is in it with me, or the fact that I was super tired?

________________________________
LIKE COMMENT FOLLOW

-Michaela- ❤️