[12]: Good Things Never Last

Victoria Cage smiles as she walks up to her father. "Morning, dad." Victoria beams.

Aaron grins, happy that Victoria had been making a lot of progress from when he found her. "Morning, you going on that run today?"

"No, thought I'd help Rick out with whatever he does." Victoria chuckles.

"Wow." Aaron laughs, "That's not like you."

"Just trying to stay sane." Victoria pats her father on the shoulder before walking away.

Victoria smiles when she spots Rick, she jogs over to him. "What's up, Rick?" She says, patting the man on the back.

Rick looks at the ginger, an amused expression on his face. "What is that stuff on your face?"

Victoria rolls her eyes playfully. "It's just lipstick and besides when do we have time like this to look nice?"

Rick stays silent, just smiling at the ginger.

"Exactly."

Victoria smiles when she sees Carl, her and Rick walk up to the young boy.

"Going to check the snares?" Carl questions his father.

"I am." Rick answers, "You're not. Do your chores. Read comics. Maybe some books, too. Hang out with Patrick. Maybe go to story time."

"Dad, that's for kids." Carl scoffs.

"Yeah." Rick smiles, Victoria silently chuckles.

"Now brush her down." Rick eyes Victoria, they both nod at each other.

Victoria wraps her arm against Carl's shoulder, "Go on, kid. I'll make sure he's safe." The ginger smiles.

Victoria walks next to Rick, the ginger gets pushed back when a walker comes stumbling from nowhere.

The two go to slowly walk away but stop once they here a small voice. "Wait. Please."

Victoria furrows her eyebrows, looking around. She looks back at what she thought was actually a walker, her eyes go wide once she realizes that isn't a walker.

The woman slowly stands up, eyeing Victoria. "Please? Please help me." The woman begs.

"I know you don't know me. Okay, I know that. But can you please help me get this to my husband? We haven't eaten in days."

Rick glimpses at Victoria before walking closer to the woman, Victoria stays back.

"Here. Go ahead." Rock holds his hand out for the woman to take the food.

"Thank you." The woman whispers. "Do you have a camp around here?"

"Yeah."

"Could we possibly come back with you? We've been doing... very badly on our own." The woman asks.

"I'd have to meet him." Rick says. "I need to ask him some questions, both of you."