Prologue

Heads up: this one is the complete version since I had to cut down some parts on the story definition. 

*** 

"With all my heart and soul, Serene Kaycee Williams rejects you."

"B-but—you didn't even give me the chance to p-prove myself to you, Kaycee!"

I growled at his disrespect. No one should be addressing me by my name other than my family. He cowered back as he heard my growl and bent his head low in submission.

"That's Alpha to you, boy." I spat at him.

"I'm sorry, Alpha. B-but—"

"Clearly, the moon goddess made a mistake. I'm an Alpha. I am worthy of a King out there! And not just for a pity servant like you! Don't talk to me ever again. I ban you to."

He looked at me with wide eyes. "B-but—"

"I want you out of my lands as soon as possible and to never return for the rest of your low-form life."

*****

All her life, Kaycee dreamed of her mate.

Of what they could be and of who they are to become.

But the thing is, her expectations are high—they were always were. She thought of her mate as someone powerful and great, someone who could match her power and wealth. She always thought that she never deserved less—that's what her daddy tells her every night when she was still young and the words were impossible to forget. To seek her mate of someone so great has been her light and goal for the past twenty-five years of her life.

The moment she met Xavier—more so laid her eyes on him—her fantasies fell apart.

He is a servant; a messenger of another pack to be exact.

Little did she know that when she rejected him, he was clenching his fists so hard that he drew blood and vowed to change and to get the respect he deserves from the beginning. To get the power and wealth that was his in the first place. To get the revenge he wanted for his mate that was supposed to love him no matter who or what he is.

He vowed to be the fiercest.

He vowed to be the strongest.

He vowed to change.

Rage can make you invincible. 

He could take anything at the moment. He could be anyone at that moment.

As he turned around, little did he know that the Selene—the moon goddess with the same nature as his—was watching him and giving him her blessing.