I Want You Back

After that day, that day in November; things were heated in the office. 

Between a red head and a Turkish immigrant.

Third Person P.O.V

   Max sat in his office editing a video for his channel. His red hair not as messy as usual. He ran his fingers through it and sighed, elbows propped up on the desk his computer sat on. He looked over his shoulder when he heard his name being called.

"Hey, Max." The voice was calm and soothing.

"Yeah...?" Max asked, voice tired. He blinked slowly and saw Jake there. The big man towering over him put his hand on the red head's shoulder. 

"You look tired, go home or go to sleep here. I'll make sure no one'll bother you."

He shook his head. "Nah, nah...I'm..." he sighed. "I'm fine.."

"Max, John is pissed at you for something, and he's practicing his karate. So you better go home or sleep before he kicks your ass." Jake warned.

"Alright...you go, I'll get my stuff and I'll head out."

"Good."

   Jake left and shut the door behind him. He sighed and put his face in the palms of his hands. He began to talk to himself. Though, it kinda sounded like singing.

"I'm pickin' up the pieces of your broken world, I'm gatherin' the reasons you took it this far. Now I know the end is near, you've seen my tear, it's over. And there's nowhere I can hide.."

   Max looked at his window and saw John there. In fear, he locked the door. He saw the Turkish immigrant stalking around his office until he eventually went away. It was almost two hours until John went away. 

"No no no.." He spoke to himself. "I..I can't fuckin' take this shit anymore."

   With enough courage to open the door, he ran to his car. Unlocking it and scrambling to get in. He was able to make it out of the office. Once he arrived at home, he searched frantically for certain items.

--------------------

The Items:

A gun

Pills

--------------------

   Finally retrieved with the items, he got water and opened the pills. He dumped all of the multicoloured pills into his hand. He shoved them all in his mouth and forced it down with water. Then he shakily grabbed the gun. 

   With paper and a pen, he wrote:

To Adam: I'm happy for you and Ross, I can see the way you've changed. And it makes me jealous knowing that you have someone there for you to help you in the long run.

To Jess: I hope things turn out alright for you in your wonderful life. I know you've been stressed lately, I hope you feel better soon.

To Jake: Thank you for comforting me when no one else would.

To Red: It seems like I hate you, but I really don't. But now you'll be the only redhead in the office..

To John: I'm sorry for whatever I did to hurt you. I promise it wasn't intentional. I had always liked you, more than a best friend kinda way. I'm sorry I'll be gone with you hating me. Thank you for being a supportive friend. I love you...

~Max

   He pressed the gun to his head after he loaded it. With tears in his eyes, he whispered to no one. "Good bye." 

He pulled the trigger. 

   Max's body fell to the floor lifelessly. Blood was now spreading on the floor in a puddle of the warm red substance. Then gun just barely in his hand. The note on the table. 

No one came.

   The next day, John had cooled down and was no longer angry at Max. He was in his car, on his way to his friend's house to apologize.

He was devastated when he got there. 

   Running over to Max's body, he saw some dried blood on the floor. He held him close and could feel the burn of threatening tears.

"M-" His voice was cracking. "Max.."

   He heard something fall to the floor. It didn't sound heavy, it sounded like paper. The note fell in front of him. 

   After reading it, he buried his head into the cold chest of Max's lifeless body and sobbed. Not having enough will to get and dial 9-1-1. John squeezed Max's limp body, emotionally damaged to feel the warmth of him when he had held Max in his arms one day. 

Memories were coming and he was starting to believe it was his fault. 

"I's...I's sorry Max....I's sos sorry..." He choked out through his sobs.