Chapter 2: Granny's Seceret

“Honey, can you put my big bag in my room” James said to his wife.”sure, no problem” Jean   replied.

” Mom,  why do we buy a lot of things for school if we are going to a vacation?” Alvin asked while holding a plastic bag of notebooks.

 “Hey, how did you do that?” Amber joked  “Do what?”Alvin added.

“You’ve read my mind” she said with a laugh.  “But I’m not joking mom” he continued. There is a pause between them and her mother replied. “Oh, come on your grandpa is waiting inside.”Alvin became sad, because he knows his mother won't answer his question.

 “Are you studying here?” Aaron asked. Which was a big possibility. Why would their mother bring the things that they bought for school if they are on vacation? Well it would be better if he won't conclude things.

”well, I have no idea” Alvin answered. 

“Oh there you are!” their grandpa said but going in the wrong way. Alvin immediately went to his grandpa and guided him. “Oh dad we’re here” Jean said.

”What is happening to me? I’m like 60 years old but I’m steel 50” he added. “Yap, you’re not 60 and also 50 but you are already 65 years old granny.” Aaron said, all of them laugh. Then, they went inside. When they are inside of the house the first thing they did is to take a rest then eat and have fun. But one member of the family was not joining and their granny observed him.

It was Alvin sitting on the window in their room.  “Hey, what are you doing here they are having fun in the garden.” He paused a bit. “Look, Aaron is very big and you’re sister she--” he stops and Alvin continued,

"--is very talkative and--”he stops and his grandpa continued.

”--still beautiful” the both of them laugh.It was a while when they both laugh together. When Alvin was still a kid his Granny and him always laugh around, and do thing to enjoy every second they are together.

“Hey, wait what you are doing here and why are you sad?” his granny asked.       “Granny we bought school supplies but they bring it here and it is all my things. Is it true that I will study here?” he asked and wishing that his granny would say the truth. His granny took a deep breath and answered his question. ”you know my grandson that your mother needs to do this because it is for your own good. Do you know that your Uncle Allan experienced that.” he stops.          ”Really!” Alvin can’t believe it.

” but granny don’t be offend with my question.” He said it first. “About Uncle Allan, am, why did he died?” he added. His granny stand up and went to the cabinet of his uncle behind Amber’s bed, and his hands came out with a box then went to him. ”this is your uncle’s box” he said it while opening it and gets a shining bracelet. “This is a magical bracelet and this from Allan. If this is still shining Allan is still alive but he is in a world that you don’t understand.” He explained it and Alvin was speechless when his granny gave it to him. “I don’t know what to say I-I was speechless” At last he mean it. “Wow…” he added. “Cool” He said it as his last comment.  “I will give you this because I am too old to find Allan.” he said while putting it to his hand. ”what do you mean granny I will find Uncle Allan, but there are a lot of people here.” He said to his granny. ”no, no he is not here he is there.” He pointed the forest near their village. ”what? I don’t understand granny.” He said. ”Oh, I know it is hard to understand I mean is the biggest tree in that forest there is a portal there. You can get in there if you want so.” Alvin’s eyes widened in what he heard their conversation stop because Alvin was attracted to the girl in the garden who was talking to Amber and he asked her name. ”granny what’s her name?”Alvin asked. “Ah that is Emerald Aster one of the person that I told about this secret. You can ask her if you want.”