Chapter 3: Alvin's Reason

He said and went downstairs then Alvin followed him.                                                                                    

 When he is at the garden he joined the discussion of the girls. “Hey look, an emerald and amethyst are having a talk. Can a garnet join you?” Alvin joked. “Oh, this is my older brother Alvin.” Amber introduces him.  The girl was staring at Alvin curiously. ”Garnet is that you?” she said surprisingly. Alvin doesn’t remember her but when the girl talk he remember her. “It’s me Emerald, remember?” Alvin remembers her she is his best friend since they are 3 but he forgot her because they didn’t visit the place for 5 years. “Emerald is that you? You’ve change a lot” he said. “Yes it’s me” she added. “You know each other” Amber asked innocently. ”yes” both of them answered. “Am, Emerald, can we talk” Alvin said. “We are talking for 8 minutes” she said in a curious voice. ”I mean in private.” he said while looking at Amber’s eyes and she nodded. Alvin went outside of the garden with her, while Alvin’s mother is observe them.

“I know you know this.” Alvin takes out his bracelet. “Yes, of course he said it to you?” she added. “He wants me to find my uncle at the biggest tree in the forest. Can you help me?” he said while holding her hand. “Ok, let us have a deal. I will help you find your uncle then help find the most beautiful place in the portal, deal?” she said while giving her hand. ”Deal” he said. ”but we need to have a plan” he added. ”my parents are taking a sleep at exactly 7:30.......” Alvin was about to talk she didn’t let him and she talk again. “And yours are 8 so I am going here at 10, ok?” Alvin nodded and she went home. 

 “Sweet heart would you come here” Jean called Alvin then Amber walk thru him and said “You will be grounded mister” she insulted her brother, Alvin just snapped at her. “Am sweetie can we talk to you?”Jean said with a smile but James was not happy looking down. “Mom, what’s the problem?” Alvin asks but he knows what they will say to him.                                                                                                            

“Ah, about your studies…...” she stops because she doesn’t know what to say but James said straight to the point. “……..You will study here for the whole high school and we were thinking to let you finish your study here.” Alvin was shock, because he thought he will just study high school, but also college! “What! But why.” He shouted a little bit. No one answered. “WHY” he shouted to his parents. James was tired to keep it why so he said it. “BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED TO DISCIPLINE YOU. AND YOU DON’T GIVE IMPORTANCE IN YOUR STUDY.” His dad shouted. Alvin was about to cry because it is the first time that James shouted to him. Her mother was crying. ”we’re tired of you, we can’t control you, you don’t even pass your exam and you just let go all chances that are given to you.WHY?!” He shouted to Alvin again. The tears in Alvin’s eyes went out. “WHY” he shouted again that granny can hear it upstairs. And Alvin immediately response. “Because I’ m ashamed that I am from a family that never give importance to each other and have no care to their children, LIKE YOU!” James was shock that Alvin shouted to him. Alvin went to his room without a thing in his stomach.