Chapter 4: Portal

He woke up at exactly 9:20 and all of them were asleep. His stomach was empty, he was about to go down but he remember that they are going to the forest. He immediately pack the half of his clothes that he brought then went out of the room quietly, but he get back again to get his camera. Amber wake up to drink water but she saw Alvin going out and when he is outside she get her pink bag with her smoke-like   color dog,  wake up Aaron and  follow him. While Alvin don’t know what his sister doing went to the kitchen to eat but when he check the time it was already 9:40. He just get 7 noodle cup, 2 loaf of breads and 8 medium-sized bottle of water and put it in a paper bag and he also add the lighter. When he is outside of the house his sister was hiding in a small cabinet near the door and Alvin didn’t saw her. She was watching thru the window and he saw her brother talking to her new friend Emerald “Did your parents caught you?” Emerald asked him.                       “Am, no, I think so” he answered not so sure with his answer.                                                                      “Let’s go” she said with a smile and handing her hand to Alvin. He just nodded. While Amber and Aaron and Smokey (Amber’s dog) slowly following them even they are far are asking each other.                                                                                                                                           

“Where are we going” Aaron asked a little bit of loud.                                                                                                   

“Shhhhhhh... I-I don’t know just keep on following Alvin and don’t shout just whisper it okay?” she answered not so sure. While Amber and Aaron were kept on following Alvin and Emerald and still arguing, a stranger grabs them……… “Both of have nothing to say but the true answers of my questions” he said in a strange voice. The two just nodded then he let go. They are just waiting for the man to went out of the dark and he start to ask them. “Why are you following my sister?” the stranger asks. The two of them were watching each other.                                                                                                                                                                        “Sister? Who is your sister?” Aaron asked the stranger.                                                                                        

“Yeah, and who are you?” Amber said while holding her dog in front of the stranger’s face. “Well, I am just Dian Aster. If you guys are using your mind it’s not hard for you to understand my question.” He said while nodding. “You’re so……..”Aaron was about to talk. But Amber blocks him.  “Wait, Emerald is your sister?” Amber was surprised. “Are you following her and your brother?” He changed the topic.            “Who do you think we’re following- Bigfoot” Aaron became mad and they were watching closely to each other, they would start a war that time.

“Guys we need to go they are heading to the village gate.” She said while pointing the big gate at the corner. “AARON!” she shouted while grabbing him. And they continue to fallow them.

“Ah, about your studies.” Alvin started she just nodded. “The last time we saw each other, which is 5 years from now, you’re an honor student. How about now?” he continued. “Of course, yes” she answered while laughing. “Still first?” he added. “Yes, how about you” she asked. “Ah, yes, yes but only first.” He said while nodding. “First!” Emerald was surprised. “…..to the last.” he said half  laughing.   They were laughing but it stop because Emerald talk. “Wait” she said while holding Alvin’s hand not to let him walk thru. “Is this the forest?”Alvin asked curiously. “What do you think is this, a mall?” they heard Aaron’s voice; they turn back and saw Aaron, Amber and Emerald’s younger brother, Dian. “What are you guys doing here?” Alvin and Emerald was surprised. “No, I am the one who need to ask that” Dian joked. “Dian” Alvin was asking Emerald’s eyes. “My brother” she added. “I am really sure that if you’re going home you’ll be grounded for a month” Amber said ”No” Alvin answered half shouting. “No?” Dian, Amber and Aaron said surprisingly. But also Amber and Aaron was shock, they stare at Dian wondering of his answer. “Oh, sorry I was also surprise, ok” Dian said. “But why?” Amber was curious about his answer. “I am looking for Uncle Allan” Alvin said while putting his bag on his shoulder. “In this forest…….” Amber stop because she realizes that their uncle is dead. “are you joking” Aaron asked half laughing. “no” Alvin answered directly “But you’re the very first person who moved on about it” Amber said very worried. “Yes, and I’m the very first one to believe” Alvin said in a very low voice. “wait I don’t understand you guys” Dian asked very confused.   “I’ll just explain it to you when I go back” Emerald was about to panic because if Dian will go home and her parents will know it she can’t use her computer for 2 weeks. “No” Alvin said while Emerald was staring at his eyes like asking “why”

“Well, it’s just up to them if they can still believe in me.” Alvin said very serious (it is not usual to him to be like that) then he turn back and walk. Aaron, Amber and Dian have no choice but to follow.

 “Can’t we just continue this next time or-or tomorrow” Amber said with a smile, the four of them were watching at her.

“No” They all said to her. She has no choice but to continue walking. While walking, they can hear different strange sounds; some are owls, bat and a lot of creepy sounds. They can also hear a running animal or a walking man and even a hopping rabbit in that night .      

It’s very dark in the forest but they are lucky Emerald is ready.she brought flashlight , but the worst it doesn’t have enough battery for the whole night finding the portal. “Oh god I don’t have extra battery” Emerald said when the flashlight offs.

“So what should we do now” Amber said, they can all see the fear in her face.   They stood there for a few minutes. And because of Aaron’s impatience he went at the place where there is a lot of trees, but because of that, it became a big help to all. It is the PORTAL!

“Guys you really need to see this!” Aaron called out.

“Wait,” Amber said when she heard a voice.“Is that Aaron?” she added.

“Guys you should see this. Come here!” He called out again but much clearer.

“Yes it’s him” they followed the voice. They run and run and don’t care whatever they step on or hold on. And at last they reach Aaron they saw a bright light that they could not open their eyes but it become lighter and clearer. It is the PORTAL! All of them are speechless. They were all staring the portal, but Emerald and Alvin were watching each other with smiles in their faces. All of them couldn’t believe what they are staring at. Aaron tried to enter the portal, but Alvin blocked him.

“Hey, what’s your problem?!” Aaron said half excited half angry to Alvin.

“We don’t know what is inside and what is happening to us when we enter.” Alvin said in a concern but shouting voice. 

“Alvin we still need to try because we’re already here. If we don’t try what are we doing here?”Emerald said. Alvin let go Aaron, then Aaron went on the portal then, Dian, Amber, Emerald and Alvin.