You And I

"Seungcheol if you don't go talk to him right now I'm coming back to personally kick your ass" Doyoon's voice came through the speaker and Seungcheol turned himself over onto his back. He stared at his white ceiling while Doyoon continued to rant over the phone.

"Doyoon, how is it that you got over the situation before I did and I'm the one in love with Jihoon?"

"Because you still think I'm lying about being okay with it. Seungcheol, it's been a week."

"It's been three days. Are you sure you were ever in love with me?" Seungcheol's back bent and he sat up, pinching the bridge of his nose when the blood rushed towards the rest of his body.

"I still care for you a lot." Doyoon's avoidance of the question caused Seungcheol to sigh. "Oh cmon Seungcheol, don't go all soap opera on me where you start to like me when I don't like you." Seungcheol stayed silent for a while, how was he supposed to reply to that.

"Seungcheol you're not really falling for me are you?" Doyoon's tone was serious and Seungcheol sighed again, rubbing his face, staring at the white wall in front of him.

"No, I'm not falling for you." He rubbed his eyes and tried to find the right words to describe the conflict going on between his brain and heart. "Your move was just really sudden and I feel like there's something that I need to know before I go talk to Jihoon. I don't even know why I like the guy."

"I don't know why you love him either," Seungcheol noticed the difference in words but let Doyoon finish, "What I do know is that you should just go talk to him. If you never tell someone how you feel they'll never know and if you don't ask him out he'll never be yours. It's been twelve years, it's about time you stopped suffering. I gotta go but you better at least see his face today."

The small tone ended the call and Seungcheol watched his phone screen light up from the difference in settings. He stared at Doyoon's number, organizing his thoughts. He was sure that he wasn't feeling anything romantic towards Doyoon, he did miss the other, but it wasn't romance.

The heat detecting surface analyzed his finger movements and he opened Jihoon's conversation. There weren't a lot of messages nor words that helped Seungcheol figure out who Jihoon really was or why he supposedly liked the other so much.

"Hey, Mom?" Seungcheol stuck his head through space he created between the door and its frame. His mother looked up from the book she was reading to focus on what Seungcheol wanted. He brought himself into the room and sat down at the edge, heart beating from nervousness caused by something he didn't know.

"Who's Jihoon?" He fumbled with the hem of his shirt when his mother's jaw dropped slightly. She closed her book slowly and set it on the table, reading glasses were set on top before the hands were brought together to rest in a lap. All the while, Seungcheol looked like a little kid admitting he did something wrong. Chin down, hands properly folded in his lap, and bottom lip jutted out in guilt. His mother's hand found it's way to the underside of his chin and encouraged him to look her in the eye as she explained.

"I was wondering when you would ask about him."

"You knew I forgot about him?"

"Of course, you're different when you don't remember him." The words, similar to the ones Wonwoo said before made Seungcheol even more curious about the person he was 'oh so in love with'.

"Jihoon's our neighbor and your childhood friend, you boys haven't spoken much throughout the years but I could tell that you've always liked him. I think he liked you too." She smiled when Seungcheol became flustered. He was mentally scolding himself, but those words didn't change the feeling of happiness he got when he heard Jihoon might like him back.