TRE

ONE WEEK LATER

"Nandito nang lahata ng mga gamit niyo? Wala kayong nakalimutan?" Rowena asked as she examines each of her grandchildren's suitcases and bags, which caused Jessalyn to chuckle. "Lola, nandito na lahat ng mga gamit namin. We didn't pack a lot because our stay is only temporary for the time being." "Are you sure na temporary lang?" Timothy joked, gesturing towards the amount of suitcases and bags that littered the airport floor. "Mukang hindi temporary lang yung stay niyo." "Tito naman," Sabrina giggled as she adjusts the strap of her purse on her shoulder. "temporary lang, promise. Kapag natapos na silang mg aral, uuwi na kami dito." "Make sure na may mga asawa na kayo, hah?" Bianca joked as her eyes shift from Diana, to Jessalyn, and then to Sabrina. "Si Diana tatlumpung taon na, wala pa siyang asawa."

Diana clicked her tongue, fighting off a smile as she rolls her eyes. "Tita, I don't have plans on getting married anytime soon. After everything that had happened between me and Damian, I lost interest in all that marriage stuff." "So, magiging old maid ka?" Rowena jokingly asked, and surprisingly, Diana shrugs. "I don't see why not." "Ang kill joy mo naman Ate." Ramona huffs. "Malay mo.. Maybe you'll meet someone in Paradis that deserves you and your heart. You'll never know. Fate always has its way." "Ramona's right, iha." Frederick spoke, a knowing smile on his lips. "Walang masama kung nag-ibig ka ulit. You deserve to be happy naman."

Diana sighs, and she opts to not say anything. The more she entertained the thought, the worse the ache in her chest became. It hasn't been that long since her breakup with Damian, and it seemed like the wounds were taking a lot of time to heal. She wasn't ready to open up her heart to someone again, not caring if the person has pure intentions or not. "We'll see." She finally says, and she leans in to kiss her grandfather on the cheek. "Ingat po kayo palagi, hah? Wag kayo masyado sa restaurant, kayo ni lola. Nandito naman si tita Bianca at si tito Kokoy." "Siyempre naman." Kokoy spoke up, a reassuring grin on his face. "Kaya namin yung restaurant natin. Mg pahinga lang kayo ni nanay." "Okay lang kami." Frederick reassures as he wraps an arm around Diana before wrapping his other arm around Grayson. "Kayo ang mg-ingat, okay? Paradis Island is huge, and you can easily get lost there. There's nothing wrong with exploring when you have the time, pero it's best to stay where you are the most familiar with."

"Opo lolo. Wag kayong mg-alala." Paolo promises, and Rowena gently grasps Mona's arm. "You are always welcome to come back, okay? Bahay niyo yan. You are not obligated to stay there longer than you'd like." "Of course lola. We'll let you guys know kung uuwi kami for good." Mona replies, and Herbert checked his wristwatch. "Sige, mg check-in na kayo. Basta, tawagin niyo kami kung nanjan na kayo, hah?" "Sige po! Ingat po kayo palagi! Bye!" Juliet exclaims with a wave, and the rest of the Dalisay and Adlawan family members waved at the children as a chorus of goodbyes filled the air. "Pumunta naman tayo sa Paradis din." Martha insists with a pout on her lips. "Sabi ni Tristan na maganda yung mga beaches doon!" "Pupunta tayo doon minsan." Frederick replies as he waves at Noah, who waved at them over his shoulder. "Bisitahin natin yung mga bata."

"Ayos!" Ricky exclaimed in excitement, and as soon as the Mantovano siblings disappeared through security screening, the rest of the family turns to leave the airport to make their way back home.

—🌊—

"Ano?!" Beatrice exclaimed, causing Sergio to look up from his computer. "Ano ang ibig mong sabihin?" "Amore?" Sergio spoke, watching as his wife turned around to face him, a concerned look visible on his face. "What's wrong?" Beatrice held a finger up as she resumed her conversation with Mikoy, one of Sergio's bodyguards. "We can't do anything about it now. Nasa eroplano na sila. Sige na, tawagin mo na ako mamaya. Bye." Beatrice hastily hangs up the phone and lets out a heavy sigh, which prompted Sergio to stand up from his desk. "Bea, amore. What's the matter? Who was that?"