teenage life

"what." i ask breathless and his eye bulge.

"what?" he ask confused.

"no, you what." i shot back and move away.

"what?." he questioned and i look at him with the "are you serious look" "what?" he asked again.

"stop that its irritating." i complained.

"stop what." he asked and i point to him.

"that! the what what what." i mimic him.

"its you, i just said i love you and you started acting all weird and stuff." he said and i relax and look at him with apologetic look.

"sorry." muttered. " i am just not comfortable with the word." i confess  and james look at me for a while before bursting out in laughter.

"wait.." he raised his hand but fall it and started laughing hard. it took 9 second before he talked again."ok...ok" but burst into laughter again, he grab his tummy has roll on the floor. "o my god, my tummy hurts, my tummy hurts." he complained but never stopped laughing, it was getting annoying, it annoyed me but i just sat there and looked at him annoyed with my hand folded. "o my god, help." he complain and still didnt stop laughing until he fell into the river. "what the." he exclaimed and then it was my time to laugh.

"oh... karma." i laugh and he got out of the water squeezing his shirt.

"oh really, well who is the person wet now?" he asked.

"you." i laughed but he shake his head and i realized what he was going to do as my eye bulge. "JAME!_" but before i could warn him, he splashed water on me. "you!!." i barked and push him back to the river, sat on him and drawn his face. "oh.. who is laughing now."

"BETTY!." he scream  as he lift his face and waving is arm as i drawn is face."BETTY!!!." he scream but i didnt listen and kept laughing until i felt his body relax and sink. i bolted up from him but he didnt move.

"james?" he didn't replied, so i quickly drag him out of the water and kneel next to him. "james?" i ask but he didnt replied, then i remember what they do in movies when this kind of stuffs happens. "ok betty you can do this." i told my self and place my hand on his chest then started pushing with all my strength but he didnt move. "MOM!!!"i felt tears on my cheek and scream "MOM!!" but we were far from the hotel,  so I pushed faster and and open his mouth and breath in. "you can do this." i told my self, and was about to do CPR mouth to mouth but before i could move someone scream.

"NO!!" james screams as he roll away. my jaw drop as i stare at him in surprise.

"you stupid, annoying creature." i growled. "i am going to kill you for real." i screamed and James raised his hand in defense.

"i was just protecting myself." he defended as i panted in anger then i relax and wipe my tears.

"ok..ok." i said and try to stable my breathing, i reach my hand out. "come over." i said.

"your not going to kill me?" he asked and i shake my head. "ok.. dont kill me ok." he stammer and advance toward me slowly. "dont kill me ok." he assured and move toward me before he could get close i pull him, he was shocked/scared until i hugged him.

"dont.." i say then pull back with tears in my eyes. you could say that moment we became much more closer because of james reaction, he didnt have that playful eyes he always had. 

"i am sorry." he apologized after that day James didn't act like a big jerk well until the next school year when we were 11.

"well here we are." i told james who was laying on wall of the school looking nervous which made me smile." oh no James sander is nervous" i say and he crunch is face.