Finale

Life came back into play. The guys gave me Jimmy's Kit which is now the center piece in my music room up on a pedestal. Every now and then I could hear the cymbals sing or the snare rattle and I knew it was him, hanging around. We all stayed closer than ever. I never found another to fill the empty space in my heart. Leanna... well reportedly she removed Jimmy's name from her finger and remarried.

Still, Jimmy and I would meet in my dreams and everything was perfect there. It was like life was back to normal. The band was still whole and we were all happy. I will admit that I healed... but there was always that lonely empty feeling. I won't bore you with the little details... after all a lifetime is quite a long time.

Years pass.

"Are you comfortable?" A young man with dark hair that seemed to defy the laws of physics and soft brown eyes asked.

He wasn't who I thought he was but I was too lost to think properly.

"I'm ok Brian..." my voice was broken and aged.

"Aiden, Aunt Raven... Dad is on your right," he gave me the saddest smile and pointed.

I rolled my head across the pillow to look, " oh right."

I found those familiar brown eyes, dark hair long since turned grey and the ink on his arms blending together. It would seem time had taken all of us down the same path.

He gave me a sad smile and held onto my hand like he used to when we were younger and I would get sick.

The door opened and I turned my attention to look. The others entered. A girl with Matt's dimples, a shorter girl that reminded me of Johnny and a man with striking green eyes. Even Arin was there. I will admit we had become great friends in those long years. He always hated me teasing him about his blank canvas body. They arrived with their parents. Still ... like it always had been... one was missing... I looked again. No ... he was there. His image was a little foggy but he was there. Standing behind the others... in the corner, hands tucked neatly into his pockets. Time hadn't touched him... of course it hadn't ... he still looked the same as I remembered. A smile pulled my face as the tears bubbled to my eyes.

I am sure I looked a little odd as I reached out to him, " Jimmy..."

"You should rest Raven... "

"He is here Brian... can you see him?" I asked.

"Of course he is Raven..." Brian assured... though in his voice it was easy to see that he thought I was crazy.

"He came to take you home Raven..." Zacky stated.

I nodded, " yes... to take me to my Little Peace of Heaven...away from this life of Fiction."

Tears bubbled up in my eyes and reached out toe caress the lines that mapped my face, lines of age, lines of wisdom, joy and pain. I didn't want to leave them. Part of me was elated... I had waited for so long to be with him again... and yet at the same time... part of me wanted to stay with them.

"Don't cry Rave... we are the ones who should be mourning," Matt says.

"I don't want to leave you here... I want you to come with me," I stated.

Silent tears raced down their faces as well. So small and yet I could see them like they were lit by fires.

Eventually the kids departed to give us time.

We told stories.

"One last time?" I asked.

We said our goodbyes... like we had the last few nights.

Brian and Zacky produced guitars from what seemed like thin air... they had always been able to do that. Slowly they began to play. Matt sang Seize the Day for me. Had always been one of my all time favorites. I always told Brian I wanted him to stand on my casket and play that riff... then again I don't know how that would work out now he would probably break a hip. I heard Jimmy laugh softly in the back of my mind at that.

As Brian began that lovely solo... Jimmy extended his hand to me and I took it before I could second guess my choice. A smile on my face, I died that night, surrounded by those I love, listening to my favorite solo.

When my eyes opened I was young again. Standing there... in the brilliant white light so glorious in all his lanky drummer esk ness was Jimmy. His blue eyes gleamed and he beckoned me with one open hand. The smile on his face... that smile. I had waited so many years for that smile. It was stunning.

"Welcome home... to a Little Piece of Heaven," he stated in a voice I had missed so dearly.

There was no pain, no regret, no fear.

I ran to him and we fell upon the grass, he laughed.

"In my dreams it's me and you... though I guess I am no longer dreaming," I said softly.

"This is forever Crow," he said, " there is room for the others and we will wait for them. We will bring them home together."

Disclaimer... I do not claim the boys nor their music. I must say that any likeness to them in this story or events that surround or involved them in any sort of way are my own musings on how things happened .