Sanity, or Lack Thereof?

"Even though I'm offering you dinner with me, you need to pick me up at 6pm sharp, and you're paying. I'll let you choose the location. Nothing 'cheap' or 'shabby' though, understood?"

Her words replayed in his mind over and over, effortlessly, and he found himself to be drooling slightly to the mere thought of dinner with her. He was completely mesmerized by this girl. His chance to finally talk to the girl of his dreams, in a lengthened conversation, uninterrupted, has appeared.

"Pathetic," Jacob thought out loud, running his hand over his mouth, wiping away his saliva. "How could you become so easily drawn into this girl. To risk your reputation for this girl. You were a nobody. You've been noticed now. You can't slip up again."

His mind drilled this information into his head again and again, etching its presence into him.

"The mind is a complicated function, is it not? You drive me to the point of insanity over a girl, then you tell me that my insanity is just that. Insane. That I am insane to follow this girl. That I am insane to think about this girl. Further insane to pursue this girl and make sure she's safe. That I am the one to bring danger to her and that I am the one who is insane to be a distant guardian for her. True insanity knows no bounds, and thus, this insanity is false. Again, I have no such lack of sanity. To say another is 'insane,' one must be such.. Wait.. Would that not mean that the voice in my mind is the true insanity derived in me?! But, should there not be a voice inside of every being's head?! To tell them that of which is right or wrong? That would mean that each being is a product born from insanity! Profoundly, I believe that there is no being without a voice, and so furthermore, I must believe there is insanity in each voice. Being said, I should come to terms to believe that there is no sanity in any figure or being! Is that what my mind wants me to believe, however? That there really is no such thing as sanity in this world, just as there is no perfection? Could the lack of sanity be the deprivation of this 'perfection' those out there would seek? There would be no end to the search, as they would never reach their perfection, no matter how close their measurements were. Because you cannot measure a mind. You cannot measure insanity. You cannot measure the amount of time that it took for them to become 'sane' because they never will reach perfect sanity. Sanity is that pure perfection that keeps us from being perfect, while insanity laughs in the faces of those who pursue it. Those who pursue sanity, end up giving into insanity even more."

Breaking from the thoughts, Jacob gets ready for his "date" as he'd like to call it. Really, it's just a meet up.

Or could it actually lead to something more?