Chapter 8

"Being an athlete is hard" Jessie wrote in her ESSAY.
" There's so many responsibilities you have maintain. You have to get good grades. You have to do this you have to that. There's never a point in time where an athlete can actually relax and not worry about anything." She also wrote.
"The one thing that's always on an athletes mind is "am I good enough." Every athlete doubts there self. They push themselves harder everyday to become better. They challenge themselves to become the player they dreamt of becoming."

Jessie is a soccer player and she dreams of becoming very successful and very good at it. She trains 4 days out of the week and plays games on both Saturday and Sunday. She's very dedicated to the sport. Even if sometimes she gets lazy and doesn't want to go to practice.

"This week I was given the title of captain of the team. I have to show them that I am very capable of leading my team to success. With that title you have to give it your all. You have to show them what potential you have. I have to prove them that I can do a great job on the field. I need to show them that I deserved and earned that title."

Like I said before it's hard being an athlete. You have such high expectations and everyone expects to reach them. You have to have the grades to play. You have to be likable or it's not gonna work playing a team sport. You have to be good enough to even step on the field. You need to have phenomenal skills and really good ball control in order to stay in the game. Play your game and only your game. Don't step down at a lower level. Always aim to go higher!