Loyal Wolves

Tallah Green P.O.V

I woke up from my short slumber with a blaring headache. I slowly got off my bed and went to the restroom that was down the hall from my room. I took a hand towel from the draw and soaked it with cold running water. As I made my way back to my room I heard the door open. Carefully I came down the stairs and looked around and sure enough, there's dad, walking funny? His nice dress clothes smell of smoke his hair was a mess and there was a lipstick mark on his cheek. Now I am glad he got out but, when he comes home like this it all way makes me worry. I continue to head toward him "Hey dad you all right?" I asked calmly. He looked at me like I was a stranger in his home? Soon a warm smile overtook his face as he took in a breath of relief.

"Of course dear I just went to a business event, how was your last day of school." He stumbles over to the couch and sat himself down heavily making me laugh a little.

"School was all right, but I missed the bus and I think I was followed back home by some guys?" I sat there in uncomfortable silence as he was wiping sweat from his face and scratching at his hand.

"Oh really do you remember what they look like?" He spat the words out with some difficulty.

"Well, father dear they wore mostly black and carried curve blades." I was eyeing him closely now his skin was turning a dark color of blue, he was sweating heavily and his words were all over the place. He looked very sick. "Are you all right you look hmm blue?"

He hufft "I..I..It not yourrrr j..j..j..job to look af... after me." I will be fine by any chance did these guys have any symbol on their chest? Like a raven or a blood drop on their chests?"

"No? Why do you think you know who they are?"

Shaking his head "No, Nevermind go get some sleep I will lock up tonight so you feel safe all right?"

A small smile creeps on my face as I turn and head up the stairs, "alright thanks, dad." I went upstairs and fell asleep dad was always the best person to have around he always made me feel safe he is and always be my best friend. Laying back in my bed I look at my room and stare at the colorful walls hoping they will send me off to sleep soon.

NEW P.O.V.

"Ingolfr, there is a new development with the girl." He walks over to the tree line where his brother stood."

"What is it?" Sigrun asked while leaning on a tree.

Ingolfr answers in a firm tone "Well a man just walked into that house and he didn't smell human nor did he look like he was all right." His frown deepens on his face as he quietly continued. "If it's her father, she shouldn't see what happens next."

Ingolfr raises his eyebrow. "You think he was given true form?"

Sigrun replied "yes I do. To us, it's harmless we go into our true forms but to human, it changes there personality so if he was very nice I'm afraid to think what he is now."

Ingolfr nods and starts to approach the house. As they were walking they heard a thud hit the floor from inside the house, as their heightened sense kicked in. He quickly flits over to the front door and opens it to see a man lying on the ground. Ingolfr stared at the body that looked lifeless, grunting he flipped the man on his back to find a pulse but none were found. Ingolfr shook his head in disbelief whispering to himself "He wasn't real, just a nature doll." He bent the man's finger back until he heard a snap then in front of his eye the man went from flesh to stone and twigs.

Sigrun finally looks around the place away from the body, turning pale as his eyes reach the stairs. "This isn't what it looks like we just got here!"