Together

Thanks for reading :)

Nights were usually cold for me. I was lion that ran and basked in sunlight, even if my form did suit the night more. But ever since my family was killed, the moon didn't pack quite the same allure it did as before. 

But it was different now. Jericho was lying on his side, spread out on the living room floor and staring at me. His eyes were as bright as ever, face set in deep thought. 

"What is it?" I asked, tying my hair as I sat in front of him on my knees. Jericho propped himself up on a large hand then pulled me lightning fast to him in one quick motion. He laughed when we went tumbling over, bodies close and fitting perfectly. Every piece of skin that touched his was on fire and I rested my head on his hard chest. 

"I'm glad and sorry that you were able to do what I haven't" His voice reached me before I drifted to sleep, and I quickly woke myself up. "Why didn't you say anything?" 

Jericho sat up, then lay back down, completely at ease with me basically being a parasite on his lap. "We'll talk in the morning. Go to sleep" 

I needed no more invitation other than his voice that was coated with silk. 

~~~~~~

The morning was crisp and the type that you either enjoyed or hated. I hated it. I was that girl who was always in sweats and hoodies, only breaking out jeans when I felt at least a little motivated. Jericho seemed no different, as he had thrown on a woolly jumper and longer sweatpants as he slept, tucking me into the blankets that we were supposed to have shared. 

His hair was all over his face and I shook my head. He was the embodiment of raw masculinity but had the cutest moments. One of those moments being now. I pecked him on the cheek and threw off the blankets, tucking them around him. 

It was time to make breakfast for my man. 

When Jericho awoke he walked into the kitchen rather bear like, slow steps and loud yawns. He smelled the air and his eyes immediately brightened when they came to me and the table. The table was full; bacon, eggs in 3 different ways, toast, french toast, smoothies, juice, crumpets, savory muffins and more. He hurried to me and grinned widely, his hands already around my waist. 

"This is the best to wake up to" He murmured, eyes raking over my still un-groomed figure. 

"What, the breakfast?" I asked, not feeling self conscious at all, my hands creeping around his neck. Jericho shook his head and stared deeply at me. "You." 

I can't lie, my heart stopped when he said that. I grinned widely and pressed a kiss to his unprepared lips. "Well, expect me forever" It seemed as if I was made for loving him, to be with him and just love him unconditionally. I didn't mind it at all; if that was my purpose I would go above and beyond for him. 

Jericho sat down with me on his lap; I was starting to notice a pattern here, and ate vigorously. An ego boost for any woman. He fed me too as well, grunting when I shook my head then nodding when I ate. 

What a cutie. 

But the seriousness came back to my face as I wanted to continue what we were talking about last night. Jericho must have noticed, as he stopped eating and ran his calloused fingers down my cheek, his eyebrow raised in question. I stood up, silencing his growl with a look. 

"We need to continue our conversation from last night" 

Jericho stiffened, his amber eyes darkening to a caramel shadow. I was being nosy, I knew that, but the way those people treated him had to stop. And I needed to know the reasons behind it. Even if it hurt my king.