4

Amber’s POV

“Krys! Krys!” I called her name as she lay on the ground. I don’t have any idea on which diapers to get so I decided to follow her to the milk section.

As I rounded up the milk section, all I saw was a guy going out and Krystal falling down as if she saw a ghost. “Krys!” I tried to shake her but she wasn’t responding. “Help!” I yelled and thankfully a staff came in.

“What happened?” She asked.

“I don’t know. She was already falling down when I saw her. I did my best to catch her.” I explained.

“Let’s give her some space, maybe she fainted.”

“Maybe, we had a rough day.” I responded. However, I can’t help but kept repeating in my mind the man that I saw. Did he do anything to Krystal? I’ll make sure he pays if he does.

“it’s probably best to bring her to hospital.” She suggested.

“I’ll probably just take her home. It must be stress or fatigue. I’ll bring her to the hospital if her condition worsen.” I told the staff. “By the way, I need some milk, diapers and onesies for a baby girl, can you help me?”

“Sure, I’ll take care of it. Just wait a minute.” She stood up and took our cart while I carried Krystal bridal style.

Krystal’s POV

“Where are you Krystal? I’m coming for you.” He said as he approached our kitchen room. I was currently hiding under the sink.

“You can run, but you can’t hide.” He continued and it scared me to death.

“Come out, come out where ever you are.” He said in his deep, raspy voice. I heard his footstep came closer and closer and then it stopped. Did he leave? I don’t know.

I pulled my knees towards my chest as I began to sob. I made sure that I don’t make any noises. And then the door opened. “There you are.”

“NOO!”

“Krys!” I opened my eyes and realized that I was in the car. “It’s just a dream.” It wasn’t a dream, it was a nightmare. “Are you okay? Here drink some water.”

“Thank you.” I took a sip at the water and knowing that I was with Amber calmed me down. “What happened?”

“You fainted at the store, a staff helped me with the supplies then I carried you here. Then as I was driving, you started to scream and trash around so I stopped and tried to wake you up. Are you alright?” Her deep eyes showed so much sincerity and concern.

“I must have been pretty exhausted. I think I just needed to rest.”

“Yeah, we’re close, hang in there.”

I was glad that Amber didn’t pushed the subject further. How come he’s out, he should be rotting in jail at this moment. Why would that person needed to return. My eyes widened at the thought of Ssul. what if he found out about Ssul.This can’t be. I can’t let him know about her.

I can’t.

Amber’s POV

I can’t help but notice Krys’s strange behavior. First she fainted, then she had a nightmare and now, she was fidgeting at her seat and mumbling something. I knew when or when not to push so I decided to leave her be. I knew that she’ll just raise her walls up again if I pushed further.

“We’re here.” I told her. She unlocked the door while she went out and walked like a zombie. I took the baby’s supply and decided to ignore the issue. I’ll give her time and space. She’ll tell me when she’s ready.