5

Amber’s POV

“It’s about the man that was arrested in your school.”

“What about him?” I asked.

Instead of answering me, he turned to Yuri. “Remember the multiple homicide case that we got last month?” She nodded. “It was him. He’s our guy.”

“Okay, so we basically helped you get your guy. What more do you need from us? I already told everything to the arresting officer.”

“I will explain but you need to get Krystal.”

I nodded and walked towards the bedroom. It was slightly ajar so I took a peek and was relieved to see Krystal awake. I knocked softly to get her attention and to prevent Ssul from waking up. “May I come in?” she gave permission so I went in. “Detective Jonghyun’s here. He requested your presence.”

Krystal’s POV

Detective Jonghyun’s here? I wonder what on earth happened. “It’s not about your mother. It was about the guy who attacked you. He said he’ll explain but he needed your presence.”

“Okay, I’ll be out.”

We walked out to the living room to see Detective Jonghyun and Yuri having a conversation with Victoria unnie. I overheard earlier that Detective Yuri and Victoria unnie were dating.

“We’re here.” Am said to them. “So the pizza guy finally arrived.”

We sat on the couch and when everyone’s comfortable, he began. “Do you know the person that attacked you?”

I wanted to lie but I knew they will find out sooner or later. I nodded. “I only knew him as Richard.”

“What’s your connection with him?” It was the topic that I was dreading to tell. It was sensitive and was not to everyone’s ear to tell. So I just shook my head.

Amber must have felt my uneasiness so she tried to comfort me and helped divert the issue. “What’s this all about?”

“We just needed some information from her.”

“Can you see she’s hurting?”

“We’ll go first then. Richard is wanted for multiple homicide. A month ago there were a mass killing at a certain bar. No one survived. Five people dead. No clues, no witnesses, no prints on the scene. However, we managed to pull a partial print on one of the shell casings. It was his print.” Detective Jonghyun explained as vaguely as possible. I heard about that incident in the news. It was cruel. They were killed execution style.

“We managed to have a hit on the print since Richard had a previous rap sheet on possession of drugs. But he was released earlier due to the deal he cut with the D.A Office. It was very unusual for him to just randomly attacked a girl therefore, I knew that your case was special.”

“Okay. I understand.” Amber said and looked at me. “Victoria unnie and I should probably give you more privacy.” She offered.

They were about to stand when I stopped them. “No, it’s okay. It’s time that I tell someone about him.” I saw hesitation on Victoria’s eyes but I assured that it was okay.

I’m ready to tell my story.

It was probably best for both Amber and her sister to know in order for them to understand why I refused to begin a relationship with Amber.

“Richard is Sulli’s father.” I started.

“He’s your father?” Amber and Vic unnie both asked.