Green Eyes, Detention and Blondes Can Ruin Your Day

Camila Cabello woke up, sprinting out of her bed the moment she opened her eyes. It was 6:45 am and school was fifteen minutes away from her house. She forgot to turn the goddamn alarm on...again. Her mother always left early for work while Camila proved that she was old enough to drive to her school alone. So she had no one to wake her up when she forgot her alarms.

She had not showered yet and she was so damn hungry, like always. But then she realized that she showered yesterday before she went to sleep so she just changed her clothes into a more appropriate clothing to wear in school. Appropriate for school, what did that even mean? So she needed to hide her legs with long-ass jeans and her bra straps because it was distracting the male teachers and fuckboys who couldn't keep their penises in their pants. She settled for a pair of ripped jeans, a red plaid shirt, and her limited-edition black boots. Once she finished, she grabbed her bag and went to the kitchen for some toast before leaving the house.

Camila was the kind of person who managed to be late in everything. Late in class, late in her parents' wedding, late in her sister's birthday, late in her grandfather's funeral, name it all, she was always late. And she was very, very forgetful. At that very moment, she was doing a U-turn because she forgot to lock their front door and her English assignment.

She arrived at school in about twenty minutes after going back to her house. Her car got pulled over because she was going over the speed limit, but luckily she managed to convince the policemen (convince meant crying in front of the policeman to let her go) that she was running late and she needed to get to school as soon as possible. She rapidly ran to her locker to put some books and take her Math book which was her first subject before she went to class.

The brown-eyed girl quietly opened the door and looked at the front to see if the teacher was busy so she could sneak up to her seat. But unfortunately, Mr. Depp spotted her and asked her to stay where she was.

"Karla Cabello," Mr. Depp asked, his tone deep and sarcastic, "why are you late in my class?"

Camila knew better so she was going to tell the truth - that she forgot to set her alarm and woke up late. But she couldn't speak, words were forming in her throat and she swallowed it before it slipped pass her mouth. Lowering her head in shame, she slowly went to her seat as she ignored all the rude remarks from her classmates. She even heard someone called her a freaky weirdo. But she was used to it so it didn't hurt as much as before.

"Quiet!" Mr. Depp shouted, slamming his fist on the table and frightening his students. "And Ms. Cabello please see me after class."

"Yes sir," Camila mumbled with her head down, staring at the empty table in front of her.

Almost one hour passed, her classmates were leaving the room, getting ready for their next class while Camila was stuck in Mr. Depp's room, waiting to be lectured. "Karla, do you mind telling me why are you late to my class?"

"I forgot to set my alarm," Camila mumbled, not finding the courage to speak up in front of her intimidating Math teacher.

"You need to learn how to speak up, dear," Mr. Depp spoke with concern. He knew what kind of a person Camila was, and he wanted to improve her. He was like that too when he was a teenager but he would never tell anyone that.

"I...I f-forgottosetmyalarm," She said quickly but louder that time. Her heart was pounding off her chest because of anxiety while she was speaking, holding her breath once she finished talking.

"Much better," He smiled a bit, making Camila release that breath she was holding. "But Karla, I couldn't just let it pass...again. You've been late in my class three times this week, and I don't tolerate that kind of behavior."