1) Welcome To This Awkward Mess Also Known As My Life.

Charli's POV

"Ughhh..." I groan as mum opens the blinds and a bright ray of sun hits me smack in the face.

"Charlotte, school starts in forty five minutes, get up now," mum says in a grumpy tone, I'm assuming her lack of sleep from working long hours at the hospital is the reason she is as sour as a Sour Patch Kid.

"Just five more minutes," I groan again as I pull my Nutella bed spread over my head, ha or should I say Nuttella BREAD spread? No... okay.

"You said that fifteen minutes ago, I have work in ten minutes and Tom needs to get ready for school and Lily needs to be fed, so if you want to get that car for your birthday you better get up right this instant!" She says, raising her voice.

My mum is the sweetest lady you will ever meet, pretty laid back and chill, the kind of mum that brings up lemonade and cookies to you and your friends while you play Mario Kart on the Wii, that's the type of mum she is. But don't get me wrong, under that soft exterior of her dark chocolate, wavy locks and dark brown eyes lays a feisty donkey, ready to kick the head off of anyone who disrespects her in any way.

"Okay, okay, I'm up!" I surrender and roll out of bed onto the floor as quickly as possible, rolling onto the floor has become a regular thing for me over the years. I used to have night terrors and roll out of bed every night and hit my head on the cabinet, we had to move it to the other side of the room, mum was worried I was going to knock myself out for the sixth time in the matter of three weeks.

I pick myself up from the floor, very ungraciously may I add, and walk over to mum to place a kiss on her cheek and before I can walk out of my bedroom door and down the stairs she speaks.

"Charlotte, before you do anything, please have a shower," she fake gags as she pinches her nose with her thumb and index finger.

Come on! I don't even smell that bad?

Being too tired to come up with a witty comeback I just hiss at her like a rabid cat, she just gives me a weird look and walks pass me back to the baby.

My family consists of five people my mum, the boss of the family, my hero. She is such a strong woman she finished a degree in medicine and had me and my older brother, Toby, during that time. She is a single woman who works long hours of the day to support us, we have a huge house and everything we need and want because of how strong and independent she is. She has kept her head up after all these years, she has gone through so much pain and has still managed to be there for us through all of it when she was really the one who needed someone to be there for her, I consider her a real life Batman, she truly is amazing. The next in my family is my oldest brother, Toby, he moved out last year before he turned eighteen to pursue his dream in being a well-paid doctor, just like our dear mother. Unlike me, he is very into sports and is the Ruckman for his University's football team, The Mighty Crows or whatever. He gets his thick dark hair, like everyone else in the family, from my mum, but like me, gets his big brown eyes and long eyelashes from our dad. Next we have my eight year old brother, Thomas (or Tom), everyone thinks he's the cutest little lad but beneath the big blue eyes and gorgeous smile lied the devil within him. I'm always getting in trouble for his bloody mistakes, he eats mum's chocolate, I get the blame, he trips and falls and I'm the one who 'pushed' him over, one time he even convinced mum that I was the one who shit in the corner behind the curtain, he was only three at the time as well so I don't understand how mum could've believed her three year old son over her mature twelve year old old daughter! In the end I had to get a poopa scupa and scrub the tiles clean. Next we have my baby sister, Lilian (or Lily) who is only eighteen months. She's the most gorgeous thing anyone has ever seen, I can't even walk to the park without someone stopping the pram so they can coo at her for forty-five minutes, must get tiring being cute, not like I've ever known. Lily has big green eyes just like her dad, which sometimes makes it hard to make eye-contact with her, Tom and her have a different dad than Toby and I but they have mums last name, I'm so goddamn glad I don't have that son of a bitch as my father. Anyways, all that is left in the family is yours truly. Charlotte Dylan Emery, or Charli, as I preferred to be called for several reasons, one of them being because once high school rolled around, the bitchy cheerleaders used to make fun of me and call me Charlotte the Harlot, so although Charli Dylan (Dylan being my dads name) makes me sound like a pubescent preteen boy, it's much better than Charlotte the Harlot. Being called 'Charlotte the Harlot' isn't the only awkward/embarrassing thing that's happened to me, in fact my whole life is just one big awkward mess. I swear on Michael Jackson's grave that I have the worst luck on the planet, and I wouldn't just swear on MJ's grave for nothing, that would be utterly disrespectful and a sin! From day one I've always been a complete clutz, I even broke my toe when I was five from lack of foot-eye coordination, even though tripping over nothing doesn't involve foot-eye coordination... I have been in more awkward situations than the amount of people on earth times by ten! Okay that's a bit exaggerated but you get what I mean, I'm a 'hot mess', without the hot part.