Clean Comfort

He took me to the school and I grabbed my work. When I returned, he was gone. Figures.. I took the liberty of walking to Autumn's house. When I got there, I didn't hesitate to knock. All I wanted was her. She could make me feel better, regardless of my situation.

Autumn: Fuck off!

Jacob: Autumn, it's me.

Autumn: Go away, I'm not in the mood for your shit!

Jacob: Autumn, listen to me. I'm not in the mood for yours either. We both had a bad day today. Now, I don't know what the fuck happened to you, but I intend to find out. Now, let me in.

I think I pissed her off even more than before. I heard the locks turn and then I saw Autumn's back walking away from me and towards her couch. I stepped inside and closed the door with a sigh.

Jacob: What's wrong?

I asked, noticing that her hair was messed up.

Autumn: I hate that bitch! I swear, when I see tomorrow I'm gonna..

She screamed in frustration. I rushed over to her and was careful not to say or do anything that would set her off.

Jacob: Who, Autumn?

Autumn: Helen! I fucking hate her!

Jacob: Tell me what happened, okay?

She began to breathe when I began to rub her back.

Autumn: I was at lunch and here she comes. Mad as hell that you broke things off completely and thought that I had something to do with it! I didn't know that you did that! I had no idea! Then she slapped my food out my hand so I got mad. Then I told her our deal again and what would happen of she ever touched me or my food again. Then she slapped me and so I jumped over the Fucking table and I beat her ass.

I looked at her face. She had scratches on it and it was red from the tears and blood that was on it. I gently touched her face and she winced in pain.

Jacob: Where do you keep your towels?

Autumn: In the bathroom. Why?

She said, in attempt to stop crying. I just got up, grabbed two towels, alcohol, a cup of water and cotton balls, then came back.

Jacob: It's okay. I'm gonna help you. You should take the day off tomorrow and I'll take care of things, okay?

Autumn: No, Jacob. I have to be there. We have to present our project.

Jacob: It's okay. I'll be fine. And when you come back, I promise that Helen won't both you anymore. Okay?

She wiped her eyes.

Autumn: Why are you so nice to me?

Jacob: Because I Love You and I'm changing.

Autumn: But why?

Jacob: You slow me down. You keep me going. Everything that I thought was good, was no good. The only good that I have now, is you.

She shook her head.

Autumn: You don't even have that..