Smoke [Haylor AU]

Introduction:

Taylor's POV

"But this is me swallowing my pride

Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night."

And I go back to December...

It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you,

Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.

I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right.

I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind

I go back to December all the time.

All the time."

After I finish the final lines, I jump off the small stage with my guitar still wrapped around my torso. Everyone at the lounge was cheering loudly and I could fee the adrenaline of performance rushing through my veins.

"Good job Swift!" The owner, Ed, calls out.

"Thanks Ginga!" I mock in a British accent and he chuckles.

"Will you be staying to watch the rest of the performances?" He asks as the next act prepares for showtime.

"You know I always do," I remind him and he shoots me a smile before I plop myself down in my usual seat at my usual table.

I wait anxiously for my favorite performer. He was known by everyone in the lounge as "Anon" because he never showed his face when he performed. But every word that he sang in his angelic voice always came with out effort or flaw. 

The room went completely silent as his masked face walked out onto the stage. I wasn't the only one in the lounge that liked his voice and that is why it was always silent when he came on.

 My parents were divorced and I had been coming here since I was eleven when I would visit my father. Ed and I had become very close and he always looked after me, especially when it came to music. As for Anon, he had only been around for about a year, if that. I wanted to meet this stranger with the beautiful voice more than anything.

He started up another one of his covers and the crowd went silent:

"I'm gonna make it bend and break

Say a prayer but let the good times roll

In case God doesn't show

And I want these words to make things right

But it's the wrongs that make the words come to life

"Who does he think he is?"

If that's the worst you got

Better put your fingers back to the keys

One night and one more time

Thanks for the memories

Even though they weren't so great

"He tastes like you only sweeter"

One night, yeah, and one more time

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories

"See, he tastes like you only sweeter"

Been looking forward to the future

But my eyesight is going bad

And this crystal ball

It's always cloudy except for

When you look into the past

One night stand

One night and one more time

Thanks for the memories

Even though they weren't so great

"He tastes like you only sweeter"

One night, yeah, and one more time

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories

"See, he tastes like you only sweeter"

They say I only think in the form of crunching numbers

In hotel rooms collecting page six lovers

Get me out of my mind and get you out of those clothes

I'm a liner away from getting you into the mood, whoa

One night and one more time

Thanks for the memories

Even though they weren't so great

"He tastes like you only sweeter"

One night,  and one more time

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories

"See, he tastes like you only sweeter"

One night and one more time

Thanks for the memories

Even though they weren't so great

"He tastes like you only sweeter"

One night, yeah, and one more time

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories

"See, he tastes like you only sweeter"

He went for an acoustic version of Fallout Boy and I couldn't be any more involved in the song. His voice was like a trance I couldn't break, even though I had heard it about a thousand times before. When the performance ended I had to snap myself back into reality. Anon was always the last act of the night here at the lounge. I always waited for him to finish at the end of a long night before I went home. 

I decided that I should probably wish Ed goodnight before I headed home for the evening. I always told him good bye and thanked him, even though I would return the following Sunday.

"I'll see you later Ed, I have to go home and write a paper," I tell him as soon as I find him in a small crowd of people.

"Will you be going back to your mom's for the night?" He asks.

"Yeah, tomorrow we're suppose to get new roommates," I say and I can feel my own expression fall.

"Really? Do you know who?" He asks.

'I haven't me them yet, but my mom's friend Anne needed a place for her and her son to stay," I respond.

"Her son? How old is he?" Ed asks, raising his brow.

"We're the same age," I reply and roll my eyes at his suggestion.

"Well good luck and I will see you next Sunday," He says one last good bye as I grab my guitar and purse.

I walk out into the snow and get into my car to prepare for the drive back to my mother's house. I only spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's with my father and he lived about an hour away from my mom and school. But no one at school knew about the lounge or my singing/songwriting and I intended on keeping it that way.

This story is dedicated to @DirectiSwiftElieber  because she's pretty much read almost everything I've written and I'm so thankful. So follow her here on Wattpad! This one's for you babe.  Thank you so much for all your support. This is the beginning of my newly edited version of Smoke! I decided to enhance the story and make sure that it is well written for everyone who has gotten it so much attention!