CHAPTER ONE

BLUE HOUSE from wikipedia.

The Blue House (Korean: 청와대; Hanja: 靑瓦臺; Cheongwadae; literally "pavilion of blue tiles")[1][2][3] is the executive office and official residence of the South Korean head of state, the President of the Republic of Korea and located in the capital city of Seoul. The Blue House is in fact a complex of buildings, built largely in the traditional Korean architectural style with some modern elements.

Built upon the site of the royal garden of the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1897), the Blue House now consists of the Main Office Hall (Korean: 본관; Hanja: 本館), the Presidential Residence, the State Reception House (Korean: 영빈관; Hanja: 迎賓館), the Chunchugwan (Korean: 춘추관; Hanja: 春秋館) Press Hall, and the Secretariat Buildings. The entire complex covers approximately 250,000 square metres or 62 acres.

The location of Cheongwadae was the site of a royal villa in what was then Hanyang, the southern capital of the Goryeo dynasty (918–1392). It was built by King Sukjong (r. 1095–1105) in 1104. Goryeo's principal capital was at Kaesŏng, and it also maintained a western capital at Pyongyang and an eastern capital at Gyeongju.

 **********************************

Inside the Presidential Residence at the Blue House, Lee Jin-ho sits at the receiving area as he awaits the President Park Geun-he, the very first woman to be elected as the President of South Korea. 

Jin-ho clasped his hands and then picked up the glass of cup of jasmine tea served to him earlier by one of the aides to the President. Outside the door to the office, a couple of men and women from the Presidential Security Service stand guard. 

He feels nervous waiting for her entrance, it was his first time to be here and the first time to ever met the President, and a woman president at that.

Jin-ho stood up as soon as the door to the office opens. 

A smiling young looking 65 year old President appeared from the other side of the door. 

She smiled as she gestured for him to sit down.

Speaking in Korean.

Jin-ho bowed his head and waited until he heard her say something.

"You are indeed a fine looking gentleman Mr. Lee,"  she said to the point, still smiling as she occupied the seat in the middle.

"Take a seat and feel comfortable," she added.

"Thank you your excellency," Jin-ho said smiling, nervously.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," she said.

"There's no problem your excellency, I didn't wait that long," he said. In truth, he has been there for about thirty minutes- inside the office and then an hour at the reception area before that.

The President picked up her own cup of jasmine tea and offered him a refill which he gladly accepted.

She took a sip of her tea before saying, "As you know, on behalf of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism- we have selected you to be our country's official representative to the International Music Awards," she said as an introduction which made Jin-ho even more nervous.

He felt excited, privileged but at the same time pressured and nervous being selected- especially directly spoken from the mouth of their President.