Prologue (Jinyoung)

Jinyoung's POV
"Sir, Your tuxedo is ready." One of our maids said.

"Just what is this event?" I asked my mother, who looked absolutely stunning in her sparkling silver gown. She catched everyone's eyes with her youthfulness, matched up with her dazzling flower-necklace she always wore.

"My sister has this 'engagement-thing'. Its probably a party to introduce her so called 'her happiness'. But by the time i've seen this man she was talking about, there seemed something off him. Its probably just me being paranoid."

I ignored half of what she said. I never really felt happy attending these things, in where the long conversations were held. And usually, most of them were about me, the heir to JYP Company. Things like,
"Him? Can such a young man own such a large company??", "Will he be able to maintain the stocks?", "Do you think the other company, YG, would increase more in stocks than us? its a pretty strong company..."

To tell you honestly, I really don't know. Any of this werent of my favor, and if I had the chance to live a simple life, just for one day, I would take it. Things were happening so fast that, all of these really suffocated me so much that I recieved a huge pain in my stomach. I ran to the bathroom and tears started trickling down. I grew up living under pressure of whats to come, and it affected my personality. I felt lonely.

I walked out of the bathroom, only to see my maid, Ami approaching me.

"Sir, the tuxedo—"
"Please give me my jacket." I said looking down.
"Sir, If you must,—"

I looked at her, revealing my red, swollen eyes. Seeing my face, Ami told the person with her to grab my jacket, with a hesitant face.

The maid handed it to me, and Ami suddenly started speaking.
"Sir, please be back immediately. Your father will be angered if he finds out."
I replied with a smile.

I walked out of our house, and headed for my car. I thought I have forgotten my keys inside and had to get it back again, but to my surprise, it was in my Jacket's pocket. Ami is truly a kind person. She's known me the best than any our maids and has stayed the longest. She is a trusted person of the family.

I started my car, and the gates automatically opened. I drove to the nearest shop, infact my favorite shop, and parked my car as soon as I got there.

As I ordered coffee, words suddenly popped up in my mind. "her happiness."
I thought about it. Happiness... Have I ever experienced such a thing? What is/can be the key to my happiness?

"Happiness..."
"Sir?"
"O-Oh! Yes."
"That'd be 2 dollars."
"Here you go."
"Enjoy your day sir!!!"

Man, this man sure does have a bright smile. I search for his name tag instantly. Hmph. Mark. That sounds foreign. I look up again to examine his face. He was not quite taller than me, he had blonde hair, probably dyed, and he was very lean. hmm.

I find my table, sit and savor the taste of the coffee I ordered, and relaxed, something I wasnt able to do recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n
HEY GUYS! my first book! lol what do you guys think about the 'companies' XD im sorry! i ran out of ideas. plus,, who is this Mark? hahah its too obvious ^~^ BUT anyways, i hope you enjoyed this introduction to the story. Dont forget to vote and comment!
Many thanks,
Author 💞