Chapter 1

I strode into the star-lit ballroom to find him sitting at the far end of the room. I grinned, following the rest of the rose pettals to where his feet were planted.

"What are you trying to do?" I giggled, as the boy with dark brown eyes stood up, and faced me.

"Thank you for wearing the dress like I asked," he smiled, looking at me up and down.

I was mezmorized by his sparkling eyes. "You're avoiding my question," I finally manedged to say.

He grabbed both of my hands, one in each of his, and paused. Glazing his eyes over my face. He pulled me closer into him, our noses almost touching. I felt comfortable around him, like I was the only girl in the world, kind of feeling. Like there was no "rest of the world" around us.

"You're beautiful. You're perfect. And you're the perfect girl for me." he turned his head grabbing two tickets out of his back pocket, making his dark brown hair sway infront of his freckled forhead. "This Saturday, would you kindly attend me to the Homecoming dance?" He couldn't stop smiling as he spoke.

I paused, living the moment for a second. I had everything in my hands. The best boyfriend, my best friends, and my family. Everything damaged in my life has finally been replaced, and he helped me every step of the way. "Of course I will, Kollen, I'd love to," I continued to wrap my arms above his shoulders, as he tightened his arms around my waist, and lifting me up into the air, twirling me around.

He set me back down gently to my feet, and looked me in the eye with warming, gentle eyes. "You're the best thing that has happened to me. I don't know where I'd be if you weren't with me. I love you, Caryssa."

Kollen lifted his hand, gently cupping my face, his other hand holding mine, fingers intertwined. He leaned his head forward, and pressed his lips against mine softly. I tasted Kollen's sweet sent, and gave into the kiss. Our lips moved together perfectly. When we let go - both of his hands cupping my face now, my fingers twisting the hairs on the back of his head - Kollen leaned his face to the side of mine and sofly kissed the nape of my neck; he knew it was my soft spot. I giggled slightly, as he came back into view, taking me by the hand, and lead me to the table where he had set up a romantic dinner with sparkling cider, just for the two of us.

This night was going to be perfect. Nothing would ever get in the way.

So I thought.