Chapter 6

NOTE; I've been too slammed over the week with homework, and I stress out super bad over that. Every Saturday I'll try to post a new chapter? Maybe a couple new chapters! Thanks guys, leave comments and rate the story!

I walked in the dress store with my best friends; Jem, Tracie and Veronica. We all had our dates to homecoming, now we just needed the dress. Expect there was no exception with picking mine; if I didn't get a black dress, I'm not sure what would even happen.

"Welcome to Deboris! Do you have a specific dress you ladies are looking for?" The employee in the front desk had welcomed us. We all shook our heads saying we could probably find where everything is, for this wasn't a very large store. When we first stalked into the store I saw the perfect dress; almost all black. Looking around, I noticed it in the back of the store, along with the original dress I would have bought for homecoming; the light purple and navey blue one. The black dress was actually quite flattering though, Jem and Tracie thought it was "sexy." It was strapless, of course, and had a thick silver strap around my ribs, and fringed out towards the ground, only to the length of my knobby knees. I picked it up and moved into one of the changing stahls, stripping of my clothes and pulling the dress on. It fit perfectly, just like a glove.

"Not quite what the master wanted, but it will do." A voice spoke inside my head. I jumped backwards in shock slamming my back into the mirrior.

"Everything alright in there?" Veronica called out from the other side of the locked door.

"Yes, I'm fine, just tripped a little trying to get my pants back on," I made up the quick lie.

The female voice inside my head laughed. "You know if you break a mirrior it gives you bad luck, right? Seems like you already have all the bad luck you can get, sweety."

"Who are you and what are you doing inside of my head?" I protested angrily.

"Oh don't you know this is part of your change? You get to live with me for the rest of time. I will make sure every living second you walk, smell, and breathe, will be the worst of your life. I will win over you, no matter how long it takes." She responded. "And you'll know my spirit name sooner or later."

I stood in absolute horror. This is what it was like for Kollen, wasn't it? How did this voice in my head know I was supposed to be getting this dress? And who was "the master?"

"Look, for right now, I am fighting for my own body. You can't own me, because you're not obligated to. So I suggest you stop calling me 'sweety' and get out of my head." I snapped,  but she was already gone.

~

Tracie and the girls dropped me off back at home about two hours later after they had finally chosen the right dresses for the big night this Saturday. As I walked up the porch towards my front door, I noticed some flowers and a note sitting in the chair on the other side of the porch. Picking up the flowers, I read the note.

9 tonight at the park, don't be late. xoxoxo

I smiled at the thought of Kollen; even though he was also a terrifying thought. Though, what wasn't a bad thought anymore?

I unlocked the door and strode into the living room noticing the reminder on the counter from mom and dad letting me know they won't be home until about eleven tonight. I ripped it up and threw it in the trash, and started down the hall towards my room. Unlocking my phone, I noticed I had three new text messages. One form Veronica, one from Jemm, and one from Kollen. I opened Kollen's text first, reading how his parents were out of town tonight. Weird, why'd he send me flowers, and send me a text?

I then opened the two texts from the girls, both commenting on the flowers that were laying in the chair outside. I giggled at Jemm's comment of my allergies, remember when I discovered them. We were both running around in the flower shop a couple years back, and I stuffed my face in ever flower I set my eyes on. I couldn't breathe for a week after that, and my vision was blurry for the rest of that month.

The time was about six-thirty now, so I decided to walk down the road and grab a bite to eat at the local coffee shop; they always have the best cake pops. I grabbed my little tan satchel, wallet and phone, and walked out the door. As I walked down the sidewalk I noticed a couple changes in the surrondings I have never noticed before. Like how I can now smell someone's hotdog from two miles away. Or how on certain areas, I see weird markings I have never seen there before. I think I remember seeing them in my history class, resembling wolf pack symbols.

Great.

~

I walked towards the park in darkness, looking down at my phone, smiling, texting kollen.

I can't wait to see you tonight xoxo I confessed. Within seconds my phone rung it's little tune, ring-aling-aling. I love when he texted back so fast.

Me either, I've waited 3 agonizing days to see you! xoxoxo He responded, making me smile. As I could see parts of the park now since I'm only a half a black away, I looked around for him.

Hey i'm here, where are you babe? xoxo I asked. Ring-aling-aling, my phone went,

....What do you mean? Where are you?? Kollen texted. I stopped dead in my tracks at the corner of the park.

He didn't send me those flowers. Nor the note.

I picked up my phone and started typing, Babe I think i'm In trouble. Will you come meet me I'm at the park :(

The text sent and I looked up from my phone. About twenty feet away, a large male body came my direction. My heart started to pick up the pace, thumping in my chest. Was this the person that sent me those flowers and told me to meet them here? Were they going to do anything to me?

Ring-aling-aling. Babe, I'm on my way. Start home, get out of there. Walk away. Stay out of people's view.

I couldn't text back. I kept my eyes locked on the person infront of me that kept coming closer, trying to see who it was.

Ring-aling-aling. Hello? Are you ok? Babe?

The man's face started to come into view.

Ring-aling-aling. BABE answer me, i'm a couple blocks away from your house, I'm on my way to the park.

He started to slow down and arched his back.

My heart stopped when I realized who it was, and I ran. I ran towards home, down the street where Kollen could be on his way. I needed to get out of here, fast.

But I couldn't.

Claws came onto my back, and raked down my spine. I screamed in pain, and ran faster. The pain doesn't matter, I needed to get out of here. Run, run, run!

"Hahahahah! You can't run, you can't hide. You're in trouble, sweety,"  the female laughed in my head.

Ring-aling-aling. I'm right down the block, about to turn the corner. Stay in sight, I'm coming as fast as I can.

As I ran faster and faster, whatever was chasing me hooked my ankle making me fall towards the concrete. My nose smashed into the ground, and I heard a popping sound as my nose moved to the side. Every nerve in my face screamed in pain.

I rolled over on my back, dropping my phone beside me.

The man who had sent me the flowers, the one that told me to meet him at this park, and the one who had changed Kollen, was standing right above me. Lyza.

I screamed, just before he slammed his knuckles across my face.

The last thing I saw was my phone's screen lighting up.

Ring-aling-aling. Caryssa!! Run!! I figured out who it is, please babe you have to run. I'm a couple seconds away.

He was a couple seconds too late.