Chapter 3

Oh no I'm panicking. I know Erwin said everything was under control and had planned everything but....no one else was!

At least I don't think.

"Can you sit the fuck down? You're stressing me out with your pacing."

Despite how much I wanted to lash back at Levi, he was right. I walk over to where he sat in the kitchen, taking a spot beside him.

"I need to calm down. I..." I let out a long breath. "Sorry. I just don't think I'm ready for tonight."

Levi stands up to face me fully. "Tch. I don't understand why you're so flustered; you trust everyone here, right?"

Everyone except you..."Yeah."

"Then isn't that good enough? If you take matters all for yourself, with no support...you'll only find yourself in more shit."

I break eye contact from the man in front of me, considering his words.

"Ya...I guess you're right." Our restaurant doesn't need special training for tonight's competition, we've been cooking all year! We just need...

"Do you know if Erwin made all the preparations?"

"How the fuck should I know?" Oh, right. Levi just became employed here. He wouldn't know.

"Let's just assume he did. Now we just need to plan a final dish that will blow the judges away." I put a finger to my chin, thinking of all the possible menus items we could use.

"How are you so sure we'll even make it to the Finals?" Levi asks.

"The earlier rounds are simple things such as serving, dicing and mincing, baking, frying, and performance. We only accept the best chefs at our restaurant, so of course we've got that in the bag..." I answer, half out of it since I was still lost in thought.

Fuck. I can't think of any meals that stand out. We've already used most of the--

I flinch when I feel a hand clasp my shoulder. Turning my head, I see that Levi now stood a mere few inches away.

"Stop."

I blink a couple times, confused. "Huh?"

"You keep stressing for no reason. I think--"

"No reason?! I don't think you understand the importance of this whole event! If you fail, your ratings could drop! We usually practice at least a month in advance, and unless the restaurant decided to practice while leaving out the head waiter then--"

My words are cut off by something soft pressed against my lips. My eyes slowly widen in realisation when I see that Levi's lips were what was pressed against my own.

Levi pulls back slowly, and I stay frozen in my spot, with wide eyes. The shorter male wipes a sleeve across his mouth. "Don't get the wrong idea. I needed a way to shut you up."

I nod slowly, my brain jumbled from what had just happened. Though, I still couldn't fully process what just happened. It happened too fast....

"Listen kid, stop stressing about the final dish. I've got it covered." Levi says, carrying on as if nothing happened.

My reaction was slightly delayed but I finally processed his words.