Chapter 1: Connected

Hey guys! Welcome to my first ever story! I hope you enjoy this story, and if you do, remember to drop a vote, comment or review! Feedback is always lovely. :) Other than that, enjoy the first chapter!

------------------------------------------------------

November 6, 2022 – 12:30 PM – Min' Household

Today's the day!" yelled my brother as he bolted out of the recently parked car. He charged head first into our house and slammed the door behind him. Chuckling, I pulled myself out of the mini-van and looked over at my mom. She was rolling her eyes and mumbling. I caught the words 'insane' and 'mad man.'

Still grinning, I went around the car and unlocked the trunk. For a second, I stood looking at my heavy book bag filled with all of my homework.

'Damn it,' I thought, 'Why'd the teachers give so much homework today of all days? Don't they know what day this is? Sheesh.' I sighed and hefted the weight over my back and trooped through the front door.

I slowly made my way upstairs and reached into my pockets to dig out my key. With a click, I unlocked the door and dumped the offending item off my back. A large yawn forced itself out of my mouth as I stretched. All sorts of muscles and bones cracked when I arched my back.

A few seconds later, I crashed on my bed and closed my eyes. Barely ten seconds had passed before my fifteen year old brother, Karim, crashed through my unlocked door.

"Oy! Wake up! Don't fall asleep on me! We've got things to do!" he yelled.

I mumbled something incoherent and felt a pair of hands shake me. A dog-like growl escaped my lips and I opened my eyes glaring at the ridiculously happy younger sibling.

"Whaaaaaat?" I moaned, "What do you want?"

"Dude, today's the day! Don't tell me you forgot! Get up!" he groaned, grabbing my arms and pulled me into a sitting position.

"I didn't forget you idiot. I just wanted to rest a bit."

"You can rest later. Come on, the launch will start in," he looked at his watch, "twenty four minutes. Hurry up and change. You've got to get comfortable you know."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going."

I stood up and took off my school tie and dress shirt. I walked over to my drawer and selected the top t-shirt. Next I pulled off my fancy dress Tomes and my fancy dress pants and pulled on some comfy sweatpants. Man, I love sweat pants.

They're the best.

As soon as I had finished changing, my brother had raced off downstairs yelling something about snacks. I rolled my eyes and followed him down. He was in the kitchen jumping up and down as he rummaged through the fridge. It was a very strange sight.

Seriously. Imagine a grown teenager acting like a two year old. Then imagine that same teenager holding a carton of milk and a jar of cookies. Then imagine that same teenager wearing sweatpants, panda slippers, and a Nike shirt. If you got all that down, then it would look very strange indeed. Still, I understood where he was coming from.

Today was literally the day. The day of all days. The day where video games make their mark on their world. That's right. Today's the day that Sword Art Online opens up its server to the ten thousand people who were lucky enough to get their hands on a copy. Today, the world of VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) makes its mark on the world.

Today, I have a dream. A dream that one day on the red hills of Geor- oops, wrong speech. Anyways, you get my drift. Everyone who is anyone will remember today as a historical day. Today a videogame lets you enter another world, another dimension, and not only mentally, but also physically. Today a person can warp himself into a universe where every little thing is replicated.