Chapter 1- Blessing in Disguise?

So, here I am, sitting at the foot of my bed in my best friends arms, a whole new level of mess. Why me? Why on earth has this happened to me?
I guess I should give some background...

I've been with Alex for almost a year. 11 months, 3 weeks and 4 days to be exact. We're meant to be celebrating our first anniversary as a couple together this weekend actually.
When I first met Alex I couldn't stand to be around him, but he quickly became part of our friendship group, then my life. But since that party we've been completely inseparable, that's when we finally clicked and realised how good we are together. Just a couple drunk 17 year olds falling in love, despite the never ending drama.

So that brings me to where I am now. I have the most amazing, loving and perfect boyfriend I could ask for. So why am I currently a hysterical mess, you might ask?

"Paisley! I'm sure everything will be okay!" my best friend tries to comfort me.

"But what if it's not Lilly?" I look down at the bit of plastic I'm playing with in my hands then back towards Lilly.
"Look, you guys have been together for a year. You've stuck together through everything with his parents, all the bad days. Maybe, just maybe, this is a blessing in disguise" releasing me from our hug, she continues to comfort me.
"We're both so young, do you really think me and Alex can do this? Between me being at college, him being at work, and everything that's happened! We're only 18!" My voice noticeably less shaky that it was a moment ago.
"Hey, you're in a far better position for this than other people our age would be Pais. You guys have this house, granted the circumstances surrounding how you guys have it aren't great, but you do have this house! Not to mention the money Alex has, at least that's not a worry."
I suppose Lilly has a massive point there, we've got the funds and resources. I'm sure my parents will be supportive once they get over the shock, hopefully.
"I guess you're right, now I just need to tell Alex that I'm...pregnant".

Lilly gives me one more quick hug then reminds me she has to leave. We say our goodbyes at the door and I lock it behind her, taking the key out of the door so Alex can let himself in while I'm cooking.

I'm not the greatest chef but I like to have something ready for Alex to eat when he returns home from work. I'm not sure he appreciated my efforts when he came into a house full of smoke and the sound of a fire alarm when I burned the garlic bread last week though.
I head to the kitchen and begin to cook Alex's favourite meal, spaghetti Bolognese and I must admit I'm becoming a bit of a pro at this one.

20 minutes until my favourite guy is due home and I've never been so nervous.