New school

The next morning

"Good morning, Sweetie.", my mom said when I came downstairs.

"Morning.", I said yawning.
But then I noticed something was different: "Where's dad? He never skips breakfast with us."
"He's already at work. But he told me to wish
you a great first day at school.", she said giving me a kiss on my forhead.
"What a great start, really. Stupid city.", I said while sitting down and making cornflakes.

"Hey. Don't say that. Give it a try, okay?", she said smiling, but I could see that all of this didn't make her happy either.
"I will, I promise.", I smiled back at her, I didn't want to be moody towards her, because she always tries her best to make us happy.

"So are you excited for your first day of school?", my mom asked me.
"I guess you can say I'm more scared than excited. What if my classmates won't like me? What if they talk about me behind my back? What if -", I stumbled.
"Hey - don't worry about that. They'll love you. I mean how could they not love you?", she said, smiling again. I stood up and hugged her. She was the best.
"I'm going to get ready for school now. See you later, okay?", I said walking in my room.

I sighed when I stood infront of my mirror. I have already thought about what I'd wear on the first day of school. I took my black ripped jeans, my white chucks, a white top and a cardigan out of the wardrobe. I looked at me and smiled. I looked at my brown, wavy hair and my outfit. "That could work.", I whispered to myself.

I went downstairs when my mom and my brother were already ready to go.
"Are you ready?", she asked me opening the door.
"I am.", I said going towards the car.
It was a 5 minute drive until we arrived at my new school.
I went out of the car, took a deep breath and went in.

When I opened the door, it had already rung.
"Damn it.", I whispered. I can't be late on the first day of school.
I went to my new classroom, where a teacher was waiting outside.
"Hello. I'm Allison Hart. I'm so so sorry I'm late.", I said shaking the teachers hand.
"No worries. I'm Mr.Bluebird and this is your new class.", he said pointing at a door.
He opened the door and told me to follow him.

"Hello, class. This is your new student Allison Hart. I want you to welcome her and treat her good, okay?", he asked the class.
Some people were whispering, cleary about me.
"She's hot.", I heard someone say.
"She surely is.", another guy said.

Douchebags, I thought.

"Well Ms.Hart you can sit there next to Mr. Lowell.", he said pointing at the only free seat in the middle row.
The boy looked okay, the thing that bothered me the most, was that I had to sit infront of the douches.
When I sat down, I felt someone touching my shoulder.

"Hey. Allison, right? I'm Benjamin Lasnier. Nice to meet you.", said the guy who shouted "She's hot" earlier.
"Hey, yeah nice to meet you too.", I said smiling, maybe he isn't that bad.
"You look pretty hot, did y'know that?", he said, changing my point of view again.
"Thanks, I guess.", I said turning around confused.
"Don't worry about him, he's a douche.", the guy next to me said.
"He really is.", another girl, who was sitting next to "Mr.Lowell".
"I noticed. I'm Allison", I laughed.
"I'm Jeremy and that's Selly. Nice to meet you.", they introduced themselves.

-----------