Chapter 15: A Princess' Dragonblade

Her swift prowess stunned him

Her swift prowess stunned him. The glints of her blades reflected a spirit of steel, and with ease they cut through the corpses that stayed in unrest. Red-stained white robes blended well with the hellish torment, and the blood on Yoshie's face showcased a hunter. Swerving from left to right, the samurai avoided the attacks of the shikabane, and in turn left permanent gashes on their body. She was swift and elegant like a dancer, but she only danced the breath of death. On her face was pain, as well as anger.

The shinobi refused to let a samurai and all the more a woman do the work for him. Somehow, side by side, the two began swiping off heads of corpses. Obito forms a blade of lightning in his hand after a swift sequence of hand signs. A wordless battle ensued, and a sea of corpses grew around them. The shikabane was endless, like an army of ants.

Activating his sharingan, Obito's onyx eyes turn red with black tomoe forming in them. Instantly his speed increased, and his accuracy in killing shikabane also increased. His blade slices through the shikabane nearly as easily as Yoshie does with her katana. Then while more shikabane come, Obito took it on himself to take care of them instead of letting Yoshie do it.

A few came dashing for them, but the moment he laid their eyes on them everything around him turned red for a moment. This time his sharingan upgraded into a mangekyo sharingan--the tomoe stretched out and turned into a form similar to that of a pinwheel. The ninja pulls out a sword from another dimension and with it cuts the shikabane multiple times in an unseen speed. Surprise came over the samurai who fought beside him, and Yoshie couldn't hide it in her eyes. 

A sudden wind gushed at Obito and Yoshie's direction, sending glowing embers in their direction. Heat burned their faces, quickly forcing the two to a safe distance. They covered their faces, but their eyes manage to witness the flames swallow a home whole. More shikabane emerge from the pits of hell, moaning and screaming their agony.

"There's no end to them. ." Yoshie's voice murmured. ". . . Uchiha-san. ." She glances at the shinobi by her side, his eyes still glowing a monstrous red. "Stay put, and please don't do anything."

Quietly, the woman samurai bends down to a ready stance with one hand on her katana and one hand hovering over the hilt. Deep breaths calmed her spirit and slowly a surge of energy began to gather around her. A blink of her eyes instantly turned her fiery eyes glow bright. Her hand tightens around the hilt of her sword as a swirl of energy gathered around her. With on thumb pushing out the guard, Yoshie's hand kept steady. .