Max Lewis: 1

Hey Guys (My wonderful readers). My lovey fellow writer (Brooke) and I wanted to let you get to know Max Lewis a little bit! And trust me he isn't the guy you thought he was ;). My wonderful and sassy friend Sage will be writing for him! I hope you enjoy this (It's like reading fanfiction for you own book!) Yay! Okay, have fun reading this!

-Maggie (Gray Covland)

/////////////

There are two things I hate in this world: school, and feelings. School for obvious reasons and feelings for... well, I promise you'll find out.

On the night of August 29th I'm dreading seeing the sun. School is starting tomorrow. And not only am I going back to, well, hell on earth, I also have to see my best friend again. Gray Covland. It's not like I don't like him, it's just that... I like him. As more than a friend.

The next day I'm sitting in the "assembly hall" of our school, aka the history room. I see a girl walk up onto the front. That's strange. This is an all boys school, something I love. But maybe this will be a chance for me to push the gay back inside of me. Maybe I won't see Gray as something I would like to just... I decide to just take a chance with this girl. Maybe she'll be ok.

I hear the teacher say to the girl, "Please pick a seat, Chloe."

So I summon my courage and shout out, "You can sit right next to me hottie."

I must admit, she's not that bad looking. For a girl, of course.

I expect her to sit right next to me because she doesn't seem like the kind of girl that would get lots of attention from guys. But instead she walks past me. I can tell she thinks she's some kind of genius for doing that, and laughs a little to herself. As she sits down next to Gray, I decide not to associate with her. After all, she seems like kind of a bitch.

After school, I'm rethinking my decision. Maybe I really do need to be around girls more. Plus, if she and I were together, then she couldn't take Gray away from me.

As Gray walks into our shared room (I know, I'm so lucky), I decide to bring up Chloe.

"So the new Chloe chick, she's kinda hot. In a nerdy way." I say with a smile. A total lie, I know. I only have eyes for one man.

"And the only girl in school," he says back, a little snappily. I can tell they don't really get along. Perfect.

I decide to make a move, "Yeah well, we will be dating by the end of the year, mark my words."

I wink at him and hope he doesn't take it the wrong way.

He just sighs and shakes his head.

"She smart," he says in a quiet voice, "she's in all of my classes, oddly enough. But she's a total show off with her brains and isn't going to go for a guy like you."

A guy like me? What does Gray think of me? "Like me how?" I ask defensively.

"Max, you've made-out, or worse, with every cute girl in that town down the road." He says with a laugh.

So what if I've had sex. I'm a teenage boy. I have needs, and more importantly, wants.

"Yeah, well, you've never been with a girl. Maybe she would go for you." I say with a laugh. But I hope not. After all, that is the only reason I'm trying to hook up with her.

"She could you know," he says. I hope she doesn't, but it could happen.

"Ha! Ok, fine. In that case lets make a deal. Who ever can date her first wins. Deal?" I know it was an accident to say, but I just get so worked up sometimes.

"Max, I don't..." he says hesitantly.

"You're not gay, are you?" I ask jokingly. But in my head I was silently begging he said yes.

"Fuck off, Max! I'm not, I've told you-" he says angrily.

I revert back into best friend mode. "Girls are never as amazing in real life as in books." I say in a high pitched voice to mock him.

"That's it!" he yells. I always have known how to crack him. "Who ever gets her first wins! But I say we wait a few weeks. Lets see how she really is. Maybe she's totally weird."

"Yeah, I agree. But NO talking to her. Just listening. To her and her conversations." I say with a smile.

"Fine sounds good. Hopefully no one goes onto her." He says and I start to walk away.

I stop and laugh. "Doubt it. They all know I staked a claim. She's totally mine." I do a hip thrust and hop off to the bathroom to take a piss. Maybe this plan won't work out how I though it would.

//////////

Man who'd have known right?!? That's just awkward for poor Chloe (is it?). But thanks so much for reading! Chloe is up next in our chapters and we see a blooming hatred (spoilers!) for Chloe and Gray! So, if you love this as much as we do vote! Or comment on the plot twist! O.o!

Love,

Maggie (Gray Covland)

Brooke (Chloe McLawrence)

Sage (Max Lewis)