Seeking the Summer Job

It's been Ten minutes since the bell which signifys that school is over has rang. I'm currently standing by khalil's car waiting for him. I really should get my own car.... times like these!!!

"Am so sorry am late.... I got caught up with that Lisa girl again " Khalil said out of breath as he ran over to where I was standing... "Really... cause I thought you forgot that today is the day we're going to seek that summer job " I said opening the passenger seat door. "Yes, I remember but during last period she sent a note over to me, saying she needed to speak to me after class... And I met her after school... she got all nervous and all next asked me if I wanted to chill with her Saturday night.. "he said as he started the car...

You might be wondering who is Lisa right? well she's this girl who is totally inlove with khalil. Everyone with eyes can see that except for khalil.

" She really likes you... " I said to him looking through the window, " What no! she just wanna hang out Em " he said to me as if am a mad person for thinking Lisa actually likes him.

I shook my head .... " Whatever... just don't start liking her company more than mine " I mumbled playfully but I wasn't really joking truth is... Khalil is my only bestfriend and true friend and I couldn't bare anyone stealing him from me... like how people have stole all my other friends... but not khalil.... Oh shut up Emma the boy deserves a nice girlfriend plus Lisa as been waiting a long time now, he's still gonna be your bestfriend.
"Back to earth Em! what are you talking about by the way, who's company could be better than yours! " Khalil shouted waving his hand across my face, I chuckled, I then notice that we were parked infront of a bowling alley.

"Really! ?" I asked in surprise, "Yes ,now let's go! " he said hopping out of the car, I followed after him... "Hey could we speak to your manager? " khalil asked the weird looking guy, who was wearing a badge with the name 'Toby ' on it. "Awwe nope " he replied popping the 'p'," You can but not her " he said again... we stood there looking at the man in confusion for a while, then he burst out in laughter, we were still just looking at him, he then stop laughing and said "I was just joking... yeah sure follow me ".

We took cautious steps behind him.He didn't look so sane. He stopped in front of a door with a large sign on it that said ' BOSS MAN ONLY ' really? was everyone that works here so crazy?

Khalil looked at Toby in a questioning then asked " Should we just go in " ,"No y'all should just stand out here and stare at the door " he replied then started laughing again, oh.. so that was another joke... ookay..

I pushed the door open, "After you" I said to lil, "Oh hell no, these people in here are crazy, after you " he said with a scared look on his face.... soo cute...wait what!!? ewwh Emma just Ewwh, i shook my head from that horrible thought that just occured in my head and stepped inside...

The room was empty... atleast that's what I thought until I heard a voice said "What do you kids want? " I heard a male voice asked I jumped a little... I laughed quietly when I saw that khalil jumped too and screamed a little... he's such a baby... "We're seeking a summer job.... if you have any available we'll like -"I was cut off by the same voice " Yes, y'all start the first week in sunmer be here by 9"...."Okay.... is that it? " I asked again, I feel weird cause I can't see who am talking to "Yes now leave my office and give your contacts to Toby...if the offer still stands you'll get a call " The voice replied.

We did as we were told.... As soon as I reached in the car I let out a long sigh of relief. " Well that was weird " Khalil said at the same time, we looked at each other.. then started laughing. "We always do that "Khalil said after he had finish laughing. I nodded, that is so true.

Khalil took me home... he told me goodbye and that I must say hello to my mom for him and I told him to do the same to his mom... I ran in the house. "Hey mom!? " I shouted as I kicked off my shoes... "Emma?? " I heard her voice answered from her room. "Yes it's me mom!" I shouted back, "Stop Shouting! your baby brother is sleeping! "she shouted back "and don't even think about retorting that am shouting too cause you started it! " She continue, "Dinner's in the microwave " she finished, "Okay...and khalil said hi " I said lowering my voice... "Okay honey, tell him I said hi too " She replied quickly...

I laughed quietly... My mom always make me laugh, My mom and I looked alot alike... Long brunette hair but mine's a little longer, we're both tall.. 5'8 yah tall right?

I ate my dinner and went straight to bed.

****************************
A\N
Yeaaaaa second chapter!! whooo.... Are you liking it or naah please continue to vote, read, comment and Enjoy!!!!! until next chapter am your girl SHANIQUE!