Chapter 5 - I hate u-....u-...crap. I can't say their name! I hate uc- screw it.

"Die?" I fumbled out finally after a minute. My breathing had stopped and my heart was racing. And not the way it was when Kaoru kissed me or....he held my hand! No, this was painfully, inexplicably, horribly, heart racing. My palms had sweat dripping off of them as did my face.

I walked back and forth as the ninja team tried to scramble to save my older brother's life. Kaoru watched me with his green worried eyes.

"Hey, it's going to be ok, we have Sakura and our medical team. Dont wor-"

"Don't. Finish that sentence." I growled at my boyfriend. He gave me those weird, shocked, circle eyes and quickly stepped out of the room to sit by naruto and kakashi.

I ran my fingers through my hair, give my ponytail unwanted bumps, but I didn't care. Gaara is still missing, hell he could be dead! And now my other brother is dying. I don't want to be alone, not anymore than I am now. I don't like it.

I love them. My brothers, my family! We can't be torn apart like this. I sat in the corner and brought my knees to my chest, burying my head in my legs as I let the hidden tears flow.

Hours passed and I was in the same position. I hadn't moved since noon. Kankuro was ok, for now, and the team was getting ready to set off.

I stood up and quickly ran to my house, grabbing my gear and dressing for the mission. I re-tied my hair and headed off towards the ninja team.

"Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, I'm coming with."

"HUH!? NO WAY AIRI YOU'RE NOT A NINJA YOU'LL GET HU-" I glared at the blonde boy infront of me.

" You and I both know Naruto that I can kick some serious ass, so unless you wish to be on the recieving end, I suggest you shut the hell up." I finished with a sweet smile. He shivered and I switched to a smirk. Temari was told she was not aloud to go, and so was I.

"I'll bite you." I threatened and he soon backed away, realizing that I wouldn't give up.

"I like your style girl! We need more kunoichi in this village like you!" Chiyo sounded proudly.

"I'm not a ninja." I said simply and shrugged, standing next to Naruto as we ran off. My heart raced as the hours passed by. I was a bit out of shape, but still able to keep up. I was out of breath by the time we stopped though.

"We should stop here tonight." I gasped for air as I tried to calm down. I forgot how much running I had done while I was a ninja. Jesus.

"Airi are you ok?" I nodded and smiled at sakura.

"Ya I'm fine," I took another breath, "just out of breath." She smiled. I plopped onto the ground and quickly fell asleep as Naruto complained about stopping.

 I sighed and just fell over from exhaustion. That's it, even if I'm no longer a ninja I have to train more.

My eyes flickered open to the sight of billions of stars. Damn, did I even sleep? I turned over and quickly got ready for the day. I left a note saying I had gone ahead so the team could catch up later.

A while later I was STILL running through the forest, how long does this place go jeez. I squinted as I saw a strange blob in front of me. As I neared closer and closer I recognized the weird figure. I slowly stepped to a stop. My body relaxed and calm in the face of this man.

"Itachi." I said with a small smile. He looked back at me emotionless.

"Airi. No nii-san?" He asked and glared. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Sadly no. I'm actually looking for my other nii-san. Where is Gaara." My body tensed as I leaned forward defensively. He stepped to the side and put a hand over his face.

"M-my eyes." he choked out and looked at me through his fingers. Ok so the akatsuki is watching and he's on my side. Let's go. I quickly ran past him and towards the entrance as my team arrived to fight Itachi.

As I reached the entrance to the cave in which Gaara layed I found an even greater problem.

How the fuck do I get in?

Airi, hurry!

I'm thinking zenaku I know! 

I bit my lip. Not only is gaara going to die if I don't get in there, but Zenaku's brother will as well and it will be my fault. No I can do this.

I looked up and grinned. 

"Alright, lets give it a shot."

~~

Annnnd we end there :D cliffy!~ I am (hopefully) back for good now. I'm so sorry I abandoned you guys I am absolute scumm. lets try to get 5 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter ok! (I'm saying that because I'm in highschool now and so much work!

OH BTWS IF YOU GUYS HAVE MISSED NEW FACTS ABOUT MY LIFE!!

I entered highschool :D
I might get a naruto froggy gamachan wallet

I'm crying because I don't want Naruto to end

annnd, ya that's it. :D 

luv ya guyz! PEACE