Chapter 3

Vincent sighed as he stood outside breathing in the smoke from his cigarette. He took the death stick away from his mouth and exhaled the toxic smoke. He looked up at the night sky, and listened to the faint music in the background.

Grey had dragged him, and everyone else, to this ball that was thrown for the Queen's birthday. He only made everyone go because he didn't want the mansion to get destroyed. Vincent would have resisted if his daughter wasn't so excited about going.

He dropped the cigarette and stomped it out. He walked back into the ballroom, finding hordes of people standing around and dancing. The waltzing music became louder now, as he walked over to his daughter and Grey. His daughter's wolf ears were hidden by a hat, and her tail was underneath her dress so she looked like a little human girl. Grey still looked the same with his rabbit on his head.

He put his hands in his pocket, and looked around, bored. Some girls came up and asked Vincent to dance, while others just looked over and continued walking, or dancing. Vincent kept feeling as if someone was just staring at him.

He cocked his head over his shoulder, finding a girl looking at him. She was in a crimson red dress that reached her knees. The bottom part didn't curve with her body, but the top part looked like she couldn't breathe. On her side she seemed to have a black corset with a red string holding it together, and the sleeves were long, starting off hugging her arm but towards the end becoming loose.

Her black hair was down and looked like someone curled it. Her winter grey eyes locked with Vincent's for a second until a blush appeared on her face. She looked away quickly realizing she had been caught. Vincent just looked at her a bit longer. He had the feeling that he had seen her before, but couldn't remember where.

He was about to walk over to her until he felt someone tap his shoulder. Turning around he faced a different girl, and she seemed slightly embarrassed. They stood their awkwardly for a while, until she spoke up.

"Um, uh, would you like to dance?"

Vincent looked back over his shoulder to find the mysterious person gone. He turned back to the shy lady in front of him. A smirk appeared on his face as he politely held out his hand for her. "Why, of course" He told the girl in a low seductive tone. When she placed her hand in his, he brought it up to his lips placing a gentle kiss on it. The young woman blushed as they went out to the dance floor.

*~*~*~

The mysterious young girl walked around the ballroom looking for her maid. Her face now a bit irritated. She was ready to leave, but she can't do that if she can't find her maid. Once she spotted her she sighed, and leaned against a wall. She wasn't leaving anytime soon, her psychopathic maid was hitting on some guys. They had no idea how screwed they were.

The maid had her curled, black hair up in a ponytail. She had black eyes with red pupils, but it was hard to tell, because her dark blue bangs covered them slightly. Her skin was snow white, and she wore a black ribbon around her neck. She wore an elegant dark blue dress that went to her knees. On her face she wore a sweet smile, but a crazy look in her eyes.

She latched around one guys arm, dragging him over to her mistress. "Are we ready to go?" The demon asked. Her mistress just nodded her head and began walking to their carriage. The maid followed with the guy she was going to kill. The poor guy thought he was going to get lucky, but he was so wrong.

*~*~*~

Nina sighed, as she heard her father giggle with that strange lady in his room. She couldn't sleep because they were being loud. She tossed and turned around in her bed trying to ignore them, but nothing worked.

She sat up and crawled out of her bed. She walked over to her door, and opened it, walking down the hallway. She stopped at one of the doors and knocked three times. She heard a groan of annoyance come from inside as Grey opened the door. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Nina dubiously.

"Nina? What are you doing up at this time?" He asked the young girl.

"I can't sleep. Daddy and the strange girl are giggling really loudly, and it smells strange." She explained to him. "So I was wondering if I could sleep in your room?"

Grey just sighed and nodded, opening up his door a bit more to let her in. When Nina walked in, he closed the door behind her. Picking her up he set her down on his bed.

"Hey, Uncle Grey?" she asked him.

"Hm?"

"Why does Daddy do bad things like this?"

Grey looked at her, and his eyes softened a bit. He put the covers over her, and sat at the edge of the bed. "Because when people lose their love, they can end up making wrong decisions." He told her, sounding like he knew from experience. "Now get some sleep, alright?"

"Alright." She responded, as she turned to her side. She pulled the blanket up to her shoulder and curled up. "Goodnight Uncle Grey." She said, as she shut her eyes beginning to fall asleep.

*~*~*~

"Someone please help me!" A little girl screamed. She was 14, and running through the forest being chased by a couple of guys. The guys weren't friends or family of hers, they were trying to kidnap her to sell her off as a slave. They knew she would get them a lot of money since she was human, as well as an upper class citizen.

The girl looked behind her to see if they were close behind. Seeing nothing, she turned her head forward only a little late, as she tripped over a sticking out root. "Fuck!" she muttered to herself. She quickly tried to get up as she heard the two men coming closer, but she seemed to have landed on her foot wrong. She got up and began limping, which slowed her down considerably.

The two men caught up to her quickly pulling on her black ponytail, and making her fall back. The guys chuckled as she just glared at them with her grey eyes beginning to brim with tears. All of a sudden they heard a howl, and a brown wolf jumped in front of the girl, growling and barking at the two men telling them to stay back.

One of the guys pulled out a knife, and swung at the beast's neck. He quickly dodged it, and bit the guys arm, glaring at them. The guy screamed in pain, as his partner ran off. The wolf let go of the other guy, and he ran off as well.

The girl just blinked, as she looked at the wolf who saved her. She backed away as the wolf turned into a young boy, about 15. He was laughing at what just happened. His brown hair was ruffled, and his clothes were dirty and ragged. He offered a hand to the girl. She took it, and he helped her up off the ground.

"Sorry, if I scared you." He told her. "I'm Vincent, by the way." He smiled at her. The girl slightly blushed and looked away.

"I-I'm Scarlet." She stuttered out. "Uh, thanks for saving me." She gave him a sweet smile, and patted her pink dress to get the dirt off.

"No problem." He ruffled her hair, and began to walk. He gestured her to follow him. "I'm going to take a guess that you're lost so follow me." He told her. She followed behind him fiddling with her thumbs.

Once they reached the town, she gave him another smile. "Thank you for this. I won't forget the help you have given me, Vincent." She walked home. Vincent waved goodbye, and walked back to his pack.

*~*~*~

Vincent woke up, and he groaned. Another dream- no, a memory from his past, one he hadn't remembered for a while. It reminded him of the girl he saw last night. Scarlet- that's right, the girl he saved once. He looked over to see the girl he brought back that night was already gone.

He grabbed his watch from the nightstand beside his bed, and saw that it was already afternoon. Great, now Grey was going to be on his back about that. He sighed, and began getting ready for the day.