Chap. 3

A/N
Thanks for reading this far! I'm particularly knew to writing publicly and I'm not sure why I keep getting squiggly red lines. But, again, thank you!
So, starting off again from the last chapter...

Kate was still staring blankly at the rock, Em waving a hand in her face. "Did you here me Kate? Let's get Reynie! Hello? Oh, for Pete's sake! KATE!"
That last exclamation awoke Kate from her trance. "Who's Pete?"
"I dunno, but he sounds like a nice guy. Now, let's go get Reynie!"

Em and Kate ran over to the dormitories where reynie was just leaving to their next class.
"Reynie!" Kate yelled from across the hall, running towards him. "Sticky went to the waiting room, and disappeared behind a rock at first I thought it was a trapdoor of some kind, but now I'm not so sure. Are you with me so far?" Kate had been talking rapidly, and all Reynie got was the trapdoor part.
"Could you repeat that, please?' he asked, now thoroughly confused.
"Ahem. Sticky was called to go to the waiting room, and I watched him go behind a rock with an executive. I thought it was a trapdoor, but now I don't know. Got that?'
"Makes sense. Why don't you think it's a trapdoor?"
"Because if it were a trapdoor students would see it unless it were hidden very well. And if it was hidden beneath plants, it would take a little bit to remove them. It would bring attention over to the person getting in, and would then make it impossible to enter without everyone watching."
"Wow. You really thought about this, didn't you? Your not usually as knowledgeable as sticky."
Kate grinned. "I tried to think of every possible reason why it wouldn't be a trapdoor. Now c'mon! They could be long gone by now!"
Em stopped her from running off. "What about Constance? She's gonna throw a fit if we go on without her."
Kate groaned. "Connie girl, you had better be worth it." She muttered, running over to her and Constance's room. "Constance! Wake up for heaven's sake! Oh! Never mind, let's go!" Kate, Reynie, and Em ran outside towards the rock sticky had disappeared behind.
"Why is this so important? I mean, it's not like it's the end of the world. It could just be a normal waiting room..." Em started, but caught the look on Kate's face and stopped. Finally, they reached the normal-looking rock. How normal and innocent it looked! Buy Kate knew better. She walked off the path, investigating.
"C'mon you stupid rock! Open!" She exclaimed, pushing and pulling. Em started inspecting the rock, looking for buttons or clues.
"Try kicking it" Reynie said, looking thoughtful.
"Why?"
"Mr. Curtain always kicks doors when he comes in. Just try it."
Kate and Em kicked it. The rock moved back, revealing a ladder heading down.
"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Em exclaimed, climbing down the ladder. Kate and Reynie shrugged and followed her down into the dark.