☆*:.。.Chapter 1.。.:*☆

Kim Taehyung POV

What am I doing........
I'm sitting here CRYING while my father is on his death bed........ I'm worthless........ There's nothing I can do. I hold my father's hand tight and kneel next to his bead.

"T-Taehyung" My father stutters my name.

"Father. Don't speak. Save your breath. Please. Just rest."

"Listen Taehyung. Once I die, you will the one who will take my place."

"Father please! I know this stuff already. Just take your time to rest please." There was a sudden knock on the door. The maid quietly opens the door inviting my father's secretary inside.

"Mr. Kim, you need to sign these papers stating your removal from the throne. It also states that Taehyung will be your successor." He passes my father papers and contracts with a whole bunch of information. This is infuriating. My father shouldn't be signing these right now!!! With one fluent motion, I swipe all of the papers, off of the table.

"My father shouldn't have to worry about these things right now!! Please excuse yourself out of this room, and take these contracts with you!!"

"Kim Taehyung!!" I flinch and turn around to find my mother glaring at me. "It is your father's duty to sign these contracts and pass the throne onto you! So I suggest you stop shouting, and leave your father to his business!"

"Taehyung. You should listen to your mother. Moreover, you need to listen to me right now."

"What do I need to know right now!? I understand that I will be your successor, but I don't think that is relevant at this moment!"

"This is a different topic. Much more important than anything else in the world. It will especially help you in the future."

"I'll listen carefully, but spare your breath."

"In the near future, you will definitely find someone you love." *Cough, cough, cough*

"Are you okay father?" I Pat his pack to support him, but he lightly slaps my hand away.

*Cough* "I'm fine" *Cough* "Whomever it is you choose to love, make sure you take care of her. She must be your top priority. *Cough* She must be more important than your position in the Royal family. *Cough Cough* and most importantly, make sure you love the one you choose. *Cough cough cough* That *cough* is all."

"I won't forget father. So please get your rest." He slowly closes his eyes, and he sleeps. I gently let go of his hand and leave the room.

~~~~~~~~~~
3 days later

"What!!" I shout at my secretary. "There was nothing like that said in any of the contracts!! What kind of nonsense are you telling me!?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim, but no one can do anything about it. It's been done for many years. You must be married before you can ascend the throne."

"Why hasn't anyone mentioned this BEFORE my father died!?"

"I'm sorry sir. Your mother and father did not want you to know about this so that you didn't have to worry about it."

"Well this is just outrageous!"

"Would you like an arranged marriage, Mr. Kim?"

"Make sure you love the one you choose"

"That won't be necessary." I rub my temple in frustration. This is unreasonable. What am I supposed to do now? I didn't plan on getting married until AFTER ascending the throne.