Better Late Than Never

written by: DASH (thesherelyncamille)

All rights reserved. © 2013

This is a work of fiction. Names, places and events mentioned in the story are products of the author's imagination and are originally created and self proclaimed by the author. Any resemblance to actual events, places or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the author, except where permitted by law.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: I wrote this story way back in College. Freshman yata ako when I started it kaya sobrang corny pa. Hehe. Pagpasensyahan! =)

***

Is it always necessary to start with a Prologue? Where in the first place, you're clueless on what will happen, what should happen and what shouldn't happened. Right?

Who would have thought that being late would "sometimes" turn the magic into reality? That during that "sometimes" you reached the point of wishing that maybe, just maybe, time would stop because you're running out of time. But the good thing is, because of being late, you realized something that could turn your whole world upsidedown. Not to mention that before, you're just holding back that "something" and taking it for granted. Well? this story will end up with the line,

"It's

Better late than never."

***

It's summer vacation and I have nothing to do. So here I am, plucking the intro of "Magbalik" on my guitar. Where the hell I am? I'm here outside the computer shop ("YEKO" HAHA), where I always play. Beside the sliding door to be exact. Sitting on the bench, with my back resting on the wall. I got bored playing "Dota" with my weak peers so I decided to stay here outside and reminisce. Playing with losers sucks. LOL.

"Kean, pare! Tara laban!! Boboness mga kalaban ko dito sa loob eh." one of my peer shouted while playing inside

"Isa ka pang boboness maglaro! Weak ka dre. A-YO-KO! Ako pa hinamon mo ah. Hahaha!" I shouted back.

"Lul!" he answered back

Then I laughed. I continued singing and strumming "Magbalik"

"Ala-ala'y bumabalik.. mga panahong nasasabik. Sukdulang mukha mo ay, laging nasa panaginip..~"

This!! The line that always hits me. Reason to bring back the past in this present moment. The memories, the promises.

I stopped singing, but continued strumming the guitar while these thoughts starts playing on my mind.

"Kamusta ka na kaya?" I whispered out of the blue.

should I still hold on to your promise?

or

is it the time to give up?

Six years had passed without her. She promised to come back after 3 years but another 3 years had passed. No sign of her. No sign of the girl to whom I made my promise. My childhood friend, my childhood love, Gabrielle.

***

Because of too much idling, I didn't notice that I was sitting outside the door of our house. (Bobo Kean, pano ka nakauwi?) I got myself thinking of her that much. God knows how big my love for Gabrielle is. I went inside the house and into my room. I put the guitar behind the door and jumped into bed. I rested my back at the headboard. I stared at the picture, at her. The picture of her on my wallet. She's not beautiful, she's pretty. She's cute. Not that tall like a beauty queen.. She's kind. She's not perfect. But everything that a guy could wish for is in her.