The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I recently finished reading The Perks of being a Wallflower. It was amazing. It helped me in so many ways. I definatly recomend it to anyone struggling with anything in their life that is harder to figure out than possible. It makes you feel apart of something bigger. Even though it is a published story that millions have read, it makes you feel as though you are there for someone who needs you in their time of heartache, loneliness, trouble, sadness, loss, etc.

I am not here to give a review, one; because I would be extremely biased, and not good at writing reviews and two; I am here to make you feel a bit better about being on this earth. Many phrases stuck out to me in the book. They were inspiring, thought provoking, depressing, and sometimes even made me shed a tear because I know what it felt like to be in that position. I have found that I am a lot like the main character, Charlie, in ways I couldn't explain because you would think I was insane and it would take to long. When I read books I really read them. I think about them even after I have finished them for years. The Perks of Being a Wallflower will be another that I encourage my kids to read as my mom encourages me to read Catcher in the Rye (it is next on my reading list after Looking for Alaska)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is about a boy named Charlie that is going into highschool. The book goes through his troubles about his past, his present, and his future. The book is in the format of letters Charlie has written to an imaginary person that he find refuge in by sending anonymous letters. You are the imaginary person, and you are the listener that Charlie needs, that is why it makes me feel apart of something more. For the short while that I read the book, it gave me a purpose, even though it was a book. Charlie needed me, and I was his shoulder to cry on during the book.