26

"Fred, c'mon we have to hurry! Curfew was three hours ago and if Filch catches us, he'll have us mounted on the wall-" Y/n whispered poking her head around the stone wall. A loud bang sounded through the deserted corridor leading to Professor Vector's classroom. The door to the room was hinged wide open, despite having been locked when Septima Vector left her office earlier that day.

Waltzing out from the classroom door Fred Weasley held a strict finger to his lips.

"Sh darling! I know, but I'll be done in a second... now keep a look out! If we get caught-" Y/n dismissed herself from her appointed job of being 'look out' and stomped over to her boyfriend with a stern gaze. Her strong hold caused Fred to take a quick step back growing slightly afraid of angering his girlfriend.

"Fred Weasley there is no 'we' right now! It is only you who is going to get in trouble for this one. I'm not the one who broke into Professor Vector's classroom and demolished her work!" Fred stood frozen at his feet trying his absolute best to fight the smile rising up. He couldn't help it, she looked so adorable all frustrated and exasperated as her hands clenched together in tight ball like fist at her sides.

"Is that alright if I point out how bloody beautiful you look today? Anyways, no one cares for Vector... she's vile and always has a twelve inch pole up her arse-" Y/n drew in a sharp intake reaching forward to shove his shoulder.
"Fred!" He snickered softly, rubbing his arm and turned back to his masterpiece prank on his most hated teacher.
"Sorry, Y/n dear but it's the god awful truth and anyhow i'm not demolishing her work, she wasn't the one to build the room. I'm only destroying all her supplies, test, tables and giving her a few explosive pens. It's not like anyone enjoys Arithmancy, it's a waste of time." Y/n's mouth was agape and her grip fell off Fred's shoulder's allowing him to return back to his previous work.

The lanterns and torches lining the hall were brightly lit making Y/n's flabbergasted features even more visible. "Oh my god, you're not allowed to do that! What do you think she's going to do when she finds out you did it?" Y/n followed Fred's trail into the room. When her eyes met the damage he had caused she thought for a moment that a tornado had swept through rather than her boyfriend.

Books of all sorts were dispersed around the wooden floor boards, quills with broken feathers and snapped tips lied smashed on the desks which had the legs practically shaved off; one side scrapped the ground while the other hug in the air resembling the shape of a teeter totter. Black sticky ink caked the walls from head to toe, blank parchment was glued onto the ceiling, Merlin only knows how Fred managed to get it up there, and Professor Vector's self portrait had evil devil horns carved into it with a red devil's tail drawn onto her side sticking out in a curl.

"Do you like it, love? I think it's quite brilliant but there's still a bit more to add with the-"
"No. Absolutley not. We're leaving before you can do anymore vandalism here. You've gone completely mad... bonkers even! Now let's head back to the dorm before-" A sudden pressure was placed upon Y/n's lips causing her to stop midway in shock. Y/n glanced down at the slim finger Fred had shoved against her lips without warning.Scrunching her stare Y/n tried to hint at Fred trying to figure out his reasoning for the action but got nothing in return.

Straining his sharp eyes to the tall door, Fred tilted his head perplexedly.

"Did you hear that? I think someone's coming, quick go hide in the closet! I don't plan on getting a month's worth pf detention and kicked off the Quidditch team for this!" Wide eyed Y/n sprinted for the supply closet slamming the wooden barrier shut and locked the second Fred entered the small crowded space.

His large frame shoved itself in the far corner maneuvering so Y/n's smaller frail figure was placed in front of him with her front to Fred. The small leeway available for breathing made it even more difficult for Y/n as she worked to train her ears on the white noise playing outside her concealed box.

Fred was right; Y/n could hear a body moving about around the catastrophic ruins. The person outside scanned the room and tip toed about before letting out a screeching howl.

"These damn kids out of bed again! Professor Dumbledore... Professor Dumbledore, students out of bed wandering the halls! Professor Dumbledore..." Filch. Y/n knew the instant he opened his mouth even through the door his muffle voice was a dead give away.

Fred's hands slipped to Y/n's waist as he pushed the closet door open with the other,

"C'mon we have to go before they get back, run!" The hands once placed so gently on her waist replaced itself into the steady grip of Y/n's soft hand. Fred dragged her along, weaving in and out of Fred's creation of a prefect mess and got her out in the hall heading back for their sweet, calm, reassuring dorm room. Y/n couldn't help but let out a laugh as the couple raced back to their Common Room desperate for safety.
Hearing her melodic tone, Fred whipped his head around reaching the moving stairs and smiled,

"You're absolutely adorable, love. The most beautiful girl in the whole entire world!" His voice boomed in the sleeping school, not caring who heard. This caused Y/n to laugh more a light blush now coating her already rosy cheeks from running around so much.
"Freddie you need to be quiet! What if Filch is still around and-" The stairs came to an unexpected stop as they lead straight to the portrait for the Gryffindor Common Room. Y/n looked up at Fred in anticipation only wishing to cuddle up with him on the couch for a few minuets before retreating to bed. Though when Fred refused to budge, Y/n knew something was up.
"Y/N Y/L/N IS BY FAR THE PRETTIEST WITCH TO EVER STEP FOOT ON HOGWARTS GROUNDS AND SHE IS UTTERLY FANTASTIC AND WITTY AND BRILLIANT AND GORGEOUS. SHE IS EVERYTHING A GUY COULD ASK FOR AN MORE AND I LOVE HER LIKE NONE OTHER. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW SHE PUTS UP WITH ME BUT SHE DOES AND I LOVE HER EVEN MORE FOR THAT TOO! BESIDES SHE HAS GOOD TASTE BECAUSE-"
"Fred if you don't stop this instant-"

"I can't stop and I won't stop because I love you Y/n. Now," With a happy grin lighting up his face, Fred stuck out his elbow towards Y/n, "may I escort you to our dorm for a nice long cuddle session, sweetheart?" Nodding her head, Y/n giddily accepted his offer and wrapped her arm around his letting him guide her through the painting and to the empty couch.

"You drive me insane, but I do love you Fred Weasley." He chuckled wholly and leaned over pressing a tender kiss to the side of hear head, then a light airless kiss to her lips.
"And I love you, Y/n. Thanks for raising a little trouble with me tonight. You are my favorite partner in crime... just don't tell Georgie that, he probably won't take it too well."