1 | Wish Upon a Star

"Minha.. Stop daydreaming!"

The sudden voice that barged into Minha's head shook the her from her thoughts. Chocolate orbs slowly made their way up to meet the striking hazel gaze that belonged to her best friend, Choi Syungjo. However, it wasn't the usually happy face she was hoping to see. Instead, she was greeted with an upset frown & a furrowed brow.

"Aish.. I'm sorry, Jo. I just keep thinking about that new boy, the one who's supposedly going to become the 8th member of BTS." She mumbled out quietly, an ashamed look making its way to her face. Yes, she was quite infatuated with the Korean sensation, Bangtan Boys.

Well, infatuation was an understatement. A better word to use would be obsessed.

Her comment caused a sigh to escape Syungjo's lips. The almond haired boy shifted his position to sling an arm 'round Minha's shoulders. He couldn't really relate to her concern, since he wasn't that invested in the matters of his best friend's favorite band. However, he still tried to console her to the best of his ability.

"Yah, quit worrying about it. You'll get wrinkles here.. & here.." He chuckled, using his other hand to brush over various spots of her face. At the touch of his hand, Minha simply rolled her eyes. "I'm sure it'll be fine. If the boy can sing & dance, let him join. Give him a shot, hmm?" Syungjo said with an adorable eye smile. His uplifting charm always got to Minha, & his contagious happiness caused her to crack a grin as well.

"Alright, alright, I will. I'm just concerned for Jungkook, since he won't be the golden maknae anymore. I'm just trying to put myself in his situation." The girl said with pursed lips, her eyes narrowing a bit. She lifted her dainty fingers to her temples & glared out into the distance, trying her hardest to become Jungkook.

'Just let me share your pain, Oppa..'

Her actions caused Syungjo to bust out laughing, to the point he had to retract his arm to hold his stomach. The hefty laughter that reached Minha's ears caused her to scowl slightly at the boy. She defensively crossed her arms over her chest & rolled her eyes once more, her cheeks puffing out childishly.

After the howls of laughter had died down, Syungjo wiped a fake tear from his eye & snuck a glance at his pouting friend. A smirk tugged on the corners of his lips, & he pulled her in for a noogie. Minha's eyes widened & she struggled against his firm, yet playful, grasp.

"Yah! Don't touch what you can't afford!" Exclaimed the girl firmly as she repeatedly smacked Syungjo's arm. He eventually pulled away, but not before he completely messed up her hair. (A/N; do you have a death wish, Jo?)

The scowl that was originally on her face only worsened, & if looks could kill.. Deciding she wouldn't completely destroy him, she then reached up to flatten her crazy locks. Once she had somewhat tamed the mess upon her head, she clenched her knuckles together & landed a firm punch on Syungjo's arm.

"Pabo.." She murmured, tossing some strands of hair over her shoulder & puffing air out from her lips loudly. Her best friend reached up to grip his arm with a frown, rubbing the already forming bruise.

"Always so violent.."

"You caused it."

"Touché."

Both of them ended up sneering at each other, then continued to jab back & forth at each other until they had had enough.

"In all honesty, I don't think you have much to worry about. I'm sure it'll go smoothly. Remember, BTS fighting!" Syungjo said encouragingly with two thumbs up & a goofy smile.

"Mmph, I guess you're right. I can't help feeling nervous, though." Minha sighed, pulling her eyes away from Syungjo & glancing up to the dimming sky. The willow tree they sat under shook it's branches gently in the slight, cool breeze. All around them, lightning bugs were beginning to awaken. The occasional flicker of soft light would sparkle like diamonds due to the dew that coated the ground around them.

The two sat in comfortable silence, Syungjo leaning against the tree & Minha sitting with her legs drawn to her chest. Both of them watched the sky as it changed from a beautiful rosy pink to a dark purple with swirls of murky blue. One by one, the stars began to shine, the big moon casting a comfortable glow.

"Now I know why you adore the stars so much." Syungjo mused quietly as he observed the constellations above him. His comment caused a smile to bloom on Minha's face, & her head fell to the side slightly. Her brown, doe like orbs were closed, & her hair blew gently into her face. In that moment, Syungjo stopped admiring the sky, & took the time to notice the brightest star of them all. Well, the brightest star to him, that is.

Minha.

Her eyes were still closed, & her lips were still upturned in a sweet smile. The full moon above them illuminated all her prominent features. Soon enough, the smile on her lips was duplicated onto Syungjo's.

'I'll cherish this time with you, Minha. I'm comfortable where we are.'

A sudden flash in the sky caused him to snap out of his trance & look upwards once more. Above them were countless shooting stars.

"Minha, look!" Syungjo shook his friend's arm & pointed up at stars that danced across the sky. The girl's eyes fluttered open to look at what he was pointing at. A quiet gasp left her open lips, & she shifted her body so she was leaning forward on her knees.

"Jo, make a wish! But don't tell me, or else it won't come true." She winked, then closed her eyes once more to make her own wish. The brunette beside her smiled softly & slowly shut his eyes as well.

'I wish to share the same pain & happiness as the stars, & I mean our own version of stars. Let me experience their victories & trials for at least one day..'

'Please, let this moment last forever.. Please, don't let my one & only star burn out..

Please.'

* • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • * ° * • ˚

A/N; I hope you guys like this first chapter! Tomorrow, we'll delve into the more complicated things. For now, I just wanted to keep things simple & sweet. & does our precious Syungjo have a secret crush? 🌸◕‿◕  Syungjo is already my child, so I'm going to treat him good, okay? Be looking for the next chapter! It'll be up soon. & I would love to see your guys thoughts on this so far, so please, leave as many comments as you want! I'll read them all! That's all for now!