I Don't Know

I pulled myself up and out of the car and hugged Sky tight and she hugged back and starting crying into my shoulder.
"..y-you're my best friend..if you move I won't see you...you're everything to me..p-please don't leave me here alone.." She said into my shoulder hugging me tighter.
"I don't want to leave you..but Sky I don't know how long until mom snaps completely here..think about it. She's just a wreck. I can't say no.."
I felt her start to cry harder.

Ugh all I wanted was to leave this house not this town. Not my best friend.
I rubbed her back lightly, trying not to cry more because I know that would make her worse and I don't want that.
"Sky lets go inside, I'll talk to mom more about it. Okay?"
She nodded and we walked up to the house and went inside.

Later that night I went to my moms room and knocked on the door.
"It's open."
I opened the door and walked in closing it behind me and sits on her bed with her.
"Okay so," I said lightly biting the inside of my cheek.
"If we did move how often would I see her..."
There was a second of silence.
"I could try every other weekend?"
No.
"Ok." I said after pushing the no's in my head away.
"How old are his daughters and his nephew? And what are they're names?"
"Well there's Bailey his 3 year old, Rachael who is 10, Ava is 8, and Halee is 14-"
"Wait I thought you said 3 daughters before?"
"Oh did I? I meant 4 sorry. Anyways, his nephew is 17 his name is John."
I nodded thinking of other questions.
"Where does he live? City or country?"
"Country."
Ugh great that's going to be different..probably going to get murdered in the woods.
"So..?" She said after a bit of silence between us.
"I don't know mom. I'm still not really ready to leave my best friend behind.."
I said already feeling the tears coming again.
Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.
"I know baby but what else can we do..?" She said grabbing my hand and holding it softly.
"Please just tell me when you decide. I'm not forcing you but this is almost our only choice."
I nodded and she kissed my head and I left her room going back into mine with Sky.
"So...? What's going on?" Sky asked when I got back.
"If we did move..I would see you every other weekend..and yeah I don't know I haven't decided."
"No."
"Ugh I know that's what I thought..but mom can't take it here." I said sighing "and I don't think I can either Sky."

She nodded "I know. I understand.."
Now she was sad, I could tell even when she tries to hide it I can just tell when she's upset.

(The only way you can really get Sky to feel better is to distract her from the problem, not to stay on topic and talk about it.)

"Sky lets go make a ton of food and watch Netflix downstairs, everyone is going to bed so we have the living room to our selves." I said forcing a smile.
She nodded and smiled a little wiping her eyes and we went downstairs.
We made sandwiches, popcorn, grabbed some chips and pop tarts, some ice cream, and some Kool-Aid and went into the living room.
How the hell aren't we obese?

We ate until we were bloated and watched until 5am, when we passed out on the couch together.

Even though the day wasn't so great, this was a pretty damn good night.