Daddy Talks

When I went back to report the others that I have found the lost boy, there were only the guys left. Five of them looked dead, staring blankly at the endless sky. It looked like they have been running for miles. I understand, it’s been a tiring half day. If they were exhausted, then what am I? They told me that everybody else went to go get some food. I’d like to, but I’m not hungry at all. I tend to lose my appetite when I’m feeling a lot. Andy ran away from me, saying that he was hungry too. Seriously, what am I supposed to do with him? I guess the guys smelled it too. “Is he alright?” Cubbie asked,

            “Yea, he’s alright.”

            “He’s just sad because his widdle baby is going away.” Sean pouted teasingly, “And he can’t tweat his widdle baby anymow.”

            I rolled my eyes at him. “You, sir, are my pain in the ass.”

            He flashed that childish smile of his, “I love you too, smarty pants.”

            “One day, you’re going to wake up next to a bucket full of your favorite thing.”

            He winced, “Why?”

            “So…” Cubbie pursed his lips, “Where was he?”

            “In the swing set.”

            “You two had a good talk?”

            I nodded, “Yea.”

            “Can I put my nose in it?” Pontius interjected, grinning innocently.

            “Seriously? You’re going to do this to me?”

            “What?” His voice somehow got a little higher, “I’m just asking.”

            “You know what we talked about.” I scowled,

            “Okay, so what part of life have you just discovered?” Mark abruptly asked,

            I froze, suddenly remembering that talk Mark and I had after mom died. How he said that there’s always some new things to discover through out life, I think. Five pair of eyes were looking at me and I started to feel like vanishing into thin air.

            They waited patiently, slightly hoping that I’d say something.

            I reflexively started to fumble with my fingers. Andy’s words kept repeatedly ringing in my ears, slightly making me lose my mind a little.

            An arm then rested on my shoulders, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

            I looked up to see Pontius, “Nothing.”

            “Nothing?” He sounded unconvinced, “Are you sure, kiddo? It’s okay, you can talk to us about it.”

            Honestly, I felt like crawling into a fetal position and cry my eyes out. How am I supposed to do that when I’m wearing make up? How am I supposed to cry and let all my feelings out and not ruin my face? The girls would literally kill me.

            “Let’s get rid of all that make up and we’re going to try to convince the girls to fix you up later on.” Mind Reader Cubbie stood up and dragged me along with him, “I know how uncomfortable you are.”

            I nodded thankfully. Removing the make up felt really good. It was as if I could breath again. I really needed that.

            “Better?” He asked as we head back to the guys,