Trespassers

Now that I’ve socialized more than I could do per day, I decided to take a little break. You know, get away from other human beings before making contact with them again later tonight. In order not to get bored while doing that, I decided to take a lonely stroll. It’s that time of the day where the sun is just at the right spot. It sits perfectly in the horizon and it’s Instagram picture worthy. The blinding light has calmed into this relaxing orange glow and the cool wind just made everything a lot better. It’s bright, but not too bright and it’s not dark yet either. It’s just that perfect time of the day. I was just casually passing by the swings where Andy and I sat earlier when I heard it squeaking. I knew it wasn’t because of the wind because it was squeaking as if someone was swinging in it. I knew that someone was or were there because I heard voices too. If my assumptions were wrong, then it means that I may be drugged or I have a sixth sense which I just found out about. But I’m not because I could hear voices becoming clearer and clearer as I got closer. “Papa, up with Daisy.”

            Papa? Only Daisy calls her dad papa in this freaking planet. And she can’t pronounce ‘R’ yet. It’s adorable, I know. I couldn’t resist but to stay. Remember when I said that I needed some time alone? Yea, forget that. Papa Sean and little Daisy is on air.

            “Ally, so happy you could join us.” Pontius beckoned at me,

            I wearily plopped next to him. We were all comfortable sitting in the soft clean cut grass.

            The guys and their kids were there. I guess that their girls are pampering themselves by now and they’ll come to get me at any second.

            “Papa, up with Daisy!” She said again,

            “Alright, sweetheart.” Sean sat on the swing and put her on his lap,

            For the millionth time today, I died. And I won’t be surprised if I’ll die again later on.

            “Two dragons go swish past each other, looped their tails, and goes into the tunnel!” Nate sang, tying his shoelace.

            “Hey, you’re getting the hang of it!” Cubbie rewarded him with a manly high five,

            “You’re welcome, buddy!” I tweaked Nate’s little nose,

            “Thanks, Ally.” Cubbie Junior flashed a broad grin at me,

            “I’m sweepy.” Jane complained, rubbing her little eyes.

            Pontius laid her on his lap and blew on her stomach, “But we still have a long night to go!”

            She let out a deafening giggle, “That tickles!”

            “You like it when I do that to you!”

            “No.” She shook her head and murmured, making herself comfortable.

            “Yow it!” Austin exclaimed and ran away from Chris,

            They’re playing tag. That’s cute. I smiled, looking at those two little bundle of energy run all over the place.

            Pontius and Mark sighed loudly. They’ve come to the point of their lives where they’re going to have to chase their little boys instead of going out to have  healthy morning jog.

            “Papa?”           

            “Yea?”

            “Ale you going to let me fall?”