Make Up Session

So I got to be tied into a chair and get smothered by make up all over again. Wow, it was a great experience. I liked being tortured like that. Stella woke Jane up the moment she saw her. I guess she inherited that habit from her father. Great job, Andy. Those three little girls ended up playing together. They played with the brushes and pretended that they were putting on the make up themselves. How adorable is that? Meanwhile, I only got to watch them play while I just sit here and be applied with make up for real. “Have you seen our pictures?” Ryan plopped next to me, “I mean, they’re ridiculous!”

            “Trust me, it’s worth it.” Rebecca returned,

            “One day, you’re going to look back and laugh your butts off.” Amy added,

            “And you’re going to give yourselves a heart attack when you look back at these fifty years later.” Sophie teased,

            “What they said.” I murmured, “Where’s Andy and AJ?”

            Riley sighed, “You don’t want to know.”

            An uh oh escaped my mouth. This feeling started to bubble inside, but I tried to squish it away. For the sake of not panicking in the middle of something really important.

            “Don’t worry, they’re not going to kill each other.” Macy said, “You’re uncle’s right there with them.”

            “And what about Josh?”

            “He’s picking his girlfriend up, I guess.”

            “Nothing to worry about, love.” Ryan patted me,

            Daisy tugged on Ryan’s trousers, “Papa and me went swinging.”

            He gasped exaggeratedly, “Is that right? Did you like it?”

            She nodded enthusiastically, “You can come with me too, and Ally.”

            “Really?”

            She nodded again, the smile in her face widening.

            Deep down inside, I think swings are the place where some bad things happen. I fell of one and busted my lip, swing sets in horror movies are a major no-no, and that’s where I experienced my first heartbreak at the age of four. But seeing the kids loving it, I decided to give it another shot. I mean, it won’t hurt to give it another try. Swings are also where I spent most of my childhood with dad before he died.

            “When you get a little taller, I’m going to teach you to climb the monkey bars.” Ryan winked at her,

            “Isom said that papa has magic powels.” She whispered in a hushed tone, meaning that it was extremely confidential.

            Everyone snickered, including me.

            “Isom’s right, sweetie.” Macy chuckled, “Papa do have some magic powers.”

            “What’s that, mama?” Her eyes widened with excitement,

            “You promise not to tell anyone?” Macy arched an eyebrow and smirked,

            “Yea.”

            “He has magical fingers.”

            Magical fingers? Hm… I find myself a little confused about this.