Chapter 3

Sitting English was horrible, all I did was doodle on my notebook and laugh at the stupid jokes told by my classmates. My phone is sitting on my desk, the only person who texts me during school is Louis but not unless it's important.

So feeling my phone vibrate caught me way off guard "oh god," I muttered to myself. I quickly pull my phone into my lap, it's from a random number.

'Hey do you want to get coffee sometime? You left your shorts here..'

Why is he texting me? I don't want anything to do with him, I just ignore him like I always do and delete it. I place the phone on my desk as soon as the bells rings I grab my things and jet to my locker.

"Hey you," Louis says and tickles my sides I just ignore him and start putting my books into my locker "Sadie this is the square I was telling you about," before either me or 'Sadie' can say anything Louis speaks "She's new here! And I think she is our 3rd musketeer."

My brows furrow as I glanced at the new girl, feeling slightly bad that Louis was her guide. "I'm Emma," I try to give her a soft smile before turning around and shutting my locker. Next thing I know Louis is skipping off toward his next class and Sadie and I are standing there, I take a breath and smile "Sadie.. " I say watching her face to make sure that was her name a smile appeared on her face, "Sorry he's obnoxious, what's your next class I'll walk you there?" I question and we start down the hall together.

The next few days went by slowly and painfully as they always do. Sadie and I have grown closer, she's actually really cool I started walking her to her classes because Louis only drives me and doesn't show up.

"Can you believe how cute he is?" I hear Sadie coo, I try not to laugh when I follow her gaze to Liam. My forehead wrinkles and I shake my head

"No Sadie he's not cute he's an asshole." There was a time Liam and I were friends, but after Jesse died everyone grew apart; this whole town did.

Sadie's eyes stayed on Liam until we finally passed him, "but he looks so niceee" she whined and I rolled my eyes. I dropped her off at her class and walked to my free period. Usually on my free periods I sit outside and write, but Harry was in town and I know he was trying to find me so maybe my normal routine wasn't good. So I'll just stay inside and write today, I took my seat in the back of the library and got out my journal.

'Not A Day-'
I tap my pencil against my paper, I have no idea why I can't write. The past week everytime I touch my pencil to paper nothing comes out. My phone buzzes, thank god a distraction..
'Hey Em, answer me let's get coffee?'
I decide to reply this time. He will just keep bothering me anyway.
'why?'
'Because I think I owe you one'
'I guess'
'I'll pick you up now?'
I've skipped school before it would only be one class, so I agree with him. I've got no clue why I would even agree to this. The last time we had a real conversation was before he cheated on me. My stomach started to knot, I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked to our old meeting spot. I tapped my fingers on my thigh before he pulled up.

"Hey" he smirks and I try to avoid eye contact, the knot in my stomach worsens. Why did you agree to this? You can be alone with him, can't you? My subconscious was getting the best of me. "Don't be too noisy," he chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh as we drove toward the cafe. The tension in the car, seeping out of the windows. I feel him look over at me, and when I look over he looks away. "Um your shorts are in the backseat don't forget em'." I nod and turn around to grab them, by the time I turn back around we're outside the cafe. "Can we talk talk?" he finally asks as I'm reaching for the door handle.

I feel my cheeks burn up and my heart is pounding, "I- uh yeah I suppose." I don't think I'm ready for this, but it needs to done. He nods and we step out of the car. He rushes to open the door for me and tries to smile at me but I just keep walking in.

After we get our lattes, - or Harrys choice in water.. Why would he come to a cafe and not get coffee?

"Emma," he hums finally as I'm slowly sipping on the hot drink, "I'm sorry." he sighs and pushes his hair out of his face "I'm so fucking sorry. That morning you called me, I was hungover. I drank so much the night before I wanted to drink my pain away, I wanted to drink your pain away. Jesse wasn't just your brother Emma, he was mine too. He was my bestfriend, and all I kept seeing was your face when we found him.. That's all I saw. And I was so angry at him, at the situation.." He stops, and I don't realize that I'm crying until I feel the warm tears on my chest. I quickly wipe at my cheeks and reaches up to try and wipe the tears from my face, I pull away from him and he flushes and pulls his hand to his lap.

"That- that isn't an excuse Harry, you.. You cheated on me" I've never said that out loud before and now my heart hurts even more.

"But I-" he starts but I stop him.

"But nothing, I understand that it was hard for you. And that's what I was there for, I was going through the same thing," I sighed and shook my head, "you don't get to do this, come back into my life and act like nothing's wrong, we haven't talked to each other since that day."
Harrys POV

"I know." I'm starting to get annoyed, but the her eyes take that right away. I sigh, and shake my head. Emma was or is the love of my life, she's everything that I pictured myself with. And I lost her in the blink of an eye.

"You know? Then why are you here? What do you want from me?" She urges, and I roll my eyes.. She always used to ask so many questions.

"Emma get out of my room we're playing GTA and you're too young to see the graphics in this game. Mom wouldn't like you seeing all this bloooooood" Jesse said not moving his eyes away from the television set.

Emma rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips, "I've seen blood before, why do you guys even like this game? It's so violent right? Whays the point?" she scolded and squeezed in between her brother and I.

"Come on man, pay attention." Jesse pleaded, I hadn't realized I was staring at his sister, I pull my eyes away from her and back to the TV set. I glanced back to her and the wrinkles in her forehead were bunched up.

"Yeah it's pretty violent but were killing the bad guys." I answered and looked at her. A small smile formed on her lips and the wrinkles on her forehead faded.
"You're right," I sighed and bit the inside of my cheek "I have no right to be here and I deserve your forgiveness.. but," I pause, "I'm not giving up, I realize now that you're what I want, what I need.." I correct myself and watch her face.

Emma's POV
What the hell am I supposed to say to that? I just nod and he gives me a weak smile. "My friend Sadies gonna pick me up," I say and stand up, I pull my bag over my shoulder and he grabs my wrist.

"I'm not giving up Emma, I'm going to fight for you. Remember that,"