Chapter 2 : New York New York

*Fast Forward 10 years*

Wakeing up to hooting cars, alarms going off and street sweepers makeing their way down the street, sure makes you miss your quiet home town of Cookesville North Carolina. 31 year old Gordon...that's me, living in a upscale sky loft now situated in New York city; one of the most eligible bachelor's in town, my days consist of meetings, fighting with developers and bossing my assistant around.

Like today i head out of office at 4pm, actually running late to an early dinner with my parents who came into town for the weekend, as i have skipped every dinner, lunch and breakfast for the past 8 years or so and couldn't wiggle myself out of this one. Well this should be fun, don't get me wrong i love my family it's just that no mattet how successful i am my father will always belittle me and well my mother will always shun every girl i bring home.

Walking to a table where i see my father argue with the waiter about his drink and my mother applying layer after layer of lipstick which always ends up on her teeth, i approach with a deep sigh. Hi Mom....Dad, Great to see you, Oh Gordon my boy what a wonderful surprise! She says with a sarcastic tone and a half a hug while my father pauses from his argument to give me a nod.