Chapter 4 : Broken Car's & Lunch dates

Monday Morning 5th July

My phones rings at 7:30 in the morning, and to my surprise it was Emma on the other end. Her car broke down on the way to her wedding planner and ofcourse her Fiance mr excellent wasn't around to help.

Ofcourse i offered to help, i mean some alone time with a long lost crush and just maybe i can change her mind about marrying Marco...

I stopped on Clover street where i see Emma leaning on the hood of her car looking stunning in a yellow sun dress. I walked up to her tyre kit in hand, she greeted me with a big hug and a relieved sigh, I'm so happy you answered, i tried calling Marco but he must be swamped with work you know, he works really hard these days since your dad made him partner we don't really get a lot of time to do stuff like before... Sorry I'm just rambling on about me, how are you doing? You live in new york now right.

Yeah been there for 9 years or so, great city great vibe, you should let me show you around there sometime, a lot of artsy places that you're into...i said with a slight smile.
You still remember my art obsession? Wow, you know Marco doesn't really get that side of me sometimes i think he wants one of those stepfardy wives that follow their husband's orders. She said looking down, i could see a lot of doubt in her tone and her eyes were quite fearfull as if she wasn't quite happy with this arrangement, maybe that's what this was.... An arrangement.

Well there you go tyres fixed good as new, it was great speaking to youg Emma, not wanting to hover over her and make a fool of myself i picked up my stuff and started to turn to my car. Wait Gordon can't i takr you to lunch to say thank you? It's the least i can do please? She stood there hand on my shoulder, it felt like her hand was burning right through my skin, is this what it feels like to be in love? I thought to myself, I'm in big trouble here.

We went to a corner cafe on findel road, sitting talking about our school memories and just being nostalgic, although her memories were much more pleasant than mine, i kept the conversation light and playful.
So where's mrs Gordon huh? I laughed and by the puzzled look on her face i figured she was waiting for an answer, well no mrs as of now, to be honest I've only dated a few woman since high school, work got so busy it gets hard to be social and join the dating scene.

She smiled at me and looked away, for a brief moment i could sense relief in her sigh but maybe that's just me hoping, like she's going to leave her fiance for a nerd from high school.....