Prologue

It all started with a smile, freshmen year 1989 stumbling through the hallways trying to find my English class. After finally getting there i entered into what felt like a judgy room of jocks & cheerleaders summing me up all at once. With no eye contact involved i headed to a desk at the back middel row wanting to hide from humanity, let's say "being outside" was not my favorite part, yeah the nature i love but people i can do without. With a swift look up gazing at the door a tall Girl with long copper red hair flung into the door way having a what seemed like a funny conversation with another student. This Girl was striking; her green eyes lurking into your soul... I was long gone.

She sat right infront of me her hair brushing my table, and my hand. At that moment my books collapsed onto the floor and made the whole class look at me, some snickering amongst themselves, but not her.. Reaching for my books she handed them to me locking eyes and all i could remember where Wow...and all i could hear were my thoughts and this deafening buzz, and here she was trying to speak to me, i Eventually snapped out of it and sat there grinning like an idiot. Hi? Hello? I'm Emma and you are? Waiting for an answer stupidly said; Gordon my name is. She giggled and what a great giggle that was, From that day we hung out all the time, studied together, shoulder to cry on.. The usual. Life was exticy or so i thought.